Chapter 27 "Christine, I love you"

Everything is not okay right now. Jessie's mom kept canceling the meet-up for some reasons. I don't know... maybe she's too busy right now. I spent my Christmas with Ginny's family and they were so welcoming, however, they thought we were dating. Instead of telling the truth, Ginny wanted me to pretend to be her girlfriend just for one day. So I have to let them believe I'm in love with their daughter. Ugh! It was a disaster! But it was a good thing, I guess. After what happened that night, I just couldn't forgive myself. I never spoke to AJ even once. I was afraid. We all just have to move on.

The next day after Christmas. I was very nervous on going to the café. I know my boss will talk to me in some sort of a scary mafia interrogation. I was right! But not the part of the mafia interrogation. She just called me out while I was moping the floors. Here goes...

I was sitting on a sofa in Carol's office while she was walking around figuring out what to do with me. I might get fired. That's for sure.

"I'm not firing you. If you're thinking I would." Said carol. "I just want to know if you're okay. Are you okay?"

I looked down and said nothing.

"Look, honey, it's tough out here especially when you're alone. But I'm here to tell you that you're not. I am here and your friends are here. Don't bottle up your emotions." Carol came closer and sat beside me. "I saw how you looked at my niece. Whenever she's here, you lit up. I didn't said anything at that time 'cause I know it might be just a crush. But what I didn't know is... you already fell in love with her. But then again, I got confused because NOW you're in love with Jessie and I see you making-out with AJ."

"Carol, I'm sorry... but what you saw was an accident." I rebutted.

"Baby girl, your lips didn't accidentally landed on AJ's mouth, did it? So don't go telling me that it was an accident."

Once again I looked down and covered my face using my hands.

"Kristina, you have to figure out what are you gonna do. Jessie loves you... I don't know how she shows it but I think she does. AJ is a different story... she's too complicated right now like a facebook relationship status. I don't know what she feels for you. Sam is back, my dear and it will complicate things even more for you. So I suggest that you just stay away from AJ and go on with your life. You deserve better. Okay?"

I nodded and smiled bitterly at Carol.

"Okay... now I want you to take it easy but work hard! Or else you're fired." Said Carol jokingly.

I went out of her office and instantly my co-workers are eager to know what Carol and I discussed. I quickly dismissed them as I went back to work. They don't have to know.

Suddenly, Greg came in at the café with an envelope on his hand. He approached me with an exciting look on his face. He gave me the envelope and said, "This is a song that I translated to Spanish. I want you to learn it tonight then come at theater's rehearsal studio tomorrow. Any time would be perfect. Okay?"

"O-okay..."

"Great! See you tomorrow!" then he just left.

What is this?

Later that night when I got home, Jessie was already there preparing our supper.

"Hi, babe! I missed you! Sorry I missed Christmas but I'm making it up to you. Look what I prepared for dinner."

I walked towards Jessie and hugged her from behind.

"Jessie, I'm sorry." I said in a mellow voice.

"For what?"

"No questions asked. Always remember that I love you, okay?"

Jessie faced me and gave me a kiss. "Okay. I love you too, babe. So much..."