Chapter 24 "Think Of Me"

8:01 am

"Women like me do not fall gracefully,

We stumble over our spines, trip over our vowels,

And collapse into your arms.

Our hearts are open books,

Russian novels containing fifty pages

On the way your voices drifts across

The telephone wires each night.

Our hearts are first drafts,

Unedited verses about each and every person we

Have ever loved: the stranger on the subway, the girl who gave us a balloon,

The boy who stole your virginity

But not our heart.

Women like me will love you from a distance of a thousand syllables

While laying in your bed,

We will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible,

And when we leave

You will finally understand why storms are named after people."

I was reading a poem by Katrina, M.K. the other day and was so fascinated by its beauty which transcends through the nature of every girl I've ever met. Destroying a man in the most beautiful way seems tragic for me but the act itself is inevitable. Especially... loving someone from a distance. Those words caught my attention. It pierces through your heart like a bunch of pins flying on the air ready to tackle their target. That is a real heart ache.

11:45 am

I am back to where I started. I am wondering around to seal my fate, my future. I went out through the streets of New York hoping that I can't recall the last time I had Grey's Papayas. The first bite is always magical. This has always been a treat for me and her.

Me and you. We were always a team. We would always know what to do and when to do it. Our lives were perfectly planned out... It was so perfect that we began stretching ourselves to a point where we can no longer stretch back to our old aged love. We are each other's toxicity. But in spite all of that... I still love you.

1:07 pm

The other side of this street is a building that has been in my dreams for the past year. People with happy faces can make your day. It was so powerful that you can carry their smiles into another. I know I'm no longer welcomed there. Maybe when the time comes, I will have the guts to open up the door, drop everything on the floor, and just beg for forgiveness. For now, I will just walk away. Yes, I am still scared. Call me a coward but that is what I really feel. I'm not yet ready.

Leave this place behind. But never you.

1:47 pm

"Yes, yes, I'm on my way. You know it's really hard to catch a cab here in New York and don't forget the traffic.... Yes, I will be there maybe around half an hour... Okay, okay, okay...I will hang up now... Bye!"

That was a very good friend of mine on the phone, Louisa. She wanted me to be on time for the call backs but I think I will be late. I'm hoping that everyone's gonna be late because of this traffic. Oh please, oh please, oh please.