Chapter 19 "Falling Slowly"

As I place my headphones on my ears, I started to look for an upbeat song on my phone just to get me excited for mopping up the floors. It's almost closing time and later on Jessie and I will have dinner at our apartment. Yes, our apartment. She moved in with me a couple of days ago and it's been fun! The apartment is a mess right now and Jessie's thing are all over the place. She promised that she will organize her things on the weekend. Well, I hope she does.

"Make sure all the dirt from under the tables are spick and span!" Yelled Carol while eyeing us all.

Yeah, yeah... we heard you the first time, Carol. Dios mio! Why is she like that? She knows we're doing a good job yet she doesn't patronizes us. Typical boss.

Suddenly, Ginny gazed her attention outside the window with a puzzled look on her face. I got curious so I turned off my music and took off my head phones and started to look outside too.

We saw an expensive looking car who's about to park in front of the café.

"Who's car is that?", asked Ginny.

Carol peeked and got all excited. We all stared at Carol as she dances the Macarena.

"What are you excited about?" asked Lizzy.

"Why don't you all look again outside." Said Carol happily.

Ginny's jaw dropped when she saw who came out of the car.

"Oh my freakin'..." said Ginny covering her mouth.

Then everyone from the café started to peek outside as well. They were all squealing like a baby pig.

"I can't see anything. Get out of the way." I said.

"Quick! Let's all act natural!" said one of my co-workers.

They all ran to their work stations as I was left there with a dumbfounded look on my face. What gives?

The bell on the café's door rang as this handsome looking fellow entered.

Oh my God! It's AJ Kingsley. She has a new look, her hair is much shorter now. This attention-grabbing hairstyle is tight on the sides and styled high and forward on top. It looks good on her and she's quite formal now... she's wearing a pair of black leather shoes and a pair of black slacks, topped with a long sleeved light blue polo shirt which can really bring out her cerulean eyes and her favorite leather jacket. My jaw just dropped. Wow!

"Oh my darling baby! Have you come here to eat?" asked Carol.

"It's seems you're closing." Said AJ taking off her glasses and placing it on the side pocket of her polo.

"None sense! Come and sit down and the girls will prepare something for you." Carol scouted the room and saw me. "Kristina, dear, would you mind asking Hannah to cook a meal for my niece?"

Yes, I do mind Carol. It's CLOSING TIME!!!! I have to meet Jessie. I rolled my eyes as I went to the kitchen and asked Hannah for AJ's meal.

That prick! All of a sudden she shows up when it's closing time??? Who does that??

"What's up with your face? You seemed pissed" asked Hannah.

"I wanna go home so that I could take a shower and get dressed because Jessie and I will be having dinner later on." I said as I cross my arms.

"Oh yeah... speaking of Jessie... I heard you're a couple now. Hmm... I thought-"

"Thought what?" I asked.

"I thought you didn't liked her. I thought it was her best friend that you liked."

I scrunched up my eye brows and looked away. Yeah I used to... but now I'm all about Jessie Andrews. Only Jessie... Jessie, Jessie, Jessie.