Chapter 22 "Dreamscape"

Three days from now it's gonna be Thanksgiving. I wanna be with my family and finally introduce Jessie to them. I'm nervous 'cause I only told them that they are going to meet someone, I know they would be surprised when they find out that I'm dating a girl. Oh gosh! What would my mama say? Especially my two older brothers.

We're on the plane right now flying out to California. Jessie looks agitated not because of she's meeting my family, but because she's afraid of heights.

"Babe, it's gonna be okay. Here, hold my hand... you're safe don't worry." I said with tenderness.

Jessie looked at me with an awkward smile and now her hands are shaking profusely.

"Oh Jessie! You don't have to be afraid. There's only a 50% chance that we'll die on a plane crash. I'm sure the pilot knows what he's doing... but he will die as well if he slacked off. Though, I'm not sure if they checked the engines before leaving..." said Carol teasing at the back of our seat.

Yup, Carol came with the gang. I informed her last time that I was flying to see my relatives before Thanksgiving. And wouldn't you believe it?

She said, "If you're going on a leave then we're going on a leave too! We'll come along! This will be an epic holiday ever! We'll close the café and the bar! I'm sure no one would notice..."

I laughed inside when she said that. Well... now here we are. Together.

Carol was generous enough to book us a hotel near the beach. It's warm in California on Thanksgiving so the sunny beach for me is fine. I preferred to stay with my family together with Jessie but she insisted because if my mama decided to disown me, I would have a place to stay. Carol said it was her early Christmas gift to us all. Alastair and Greg will catch a plane tomorrow to join us however they don't know if AJ would come. They said they can't get a hold of her because of her busy schedule. Too bad...

We got to California and headed out to our hotel. It's very luxurious! Carol does know how to pick a good place to hang. We immediately went to the beach for a swim.

"There are a lot of hot girls in here." Said Madison scouting the shore.

"Yeap! Straight girls." Said Ginny looking through her binoculars.

I looked over at Jessie and saw her talking to a bunch of girls on an outdoor bar.

"Oh hell no." I said marching to get Jessie to stop. I pinched her ear and dragged her back. "What are you doing talking to those girls?" I asked.

"We were just talking, babe. Chill out."

"Oh yeah? What's with the arm caressing? Dios mio, Jessie. I am introducing you to my family and then suddenly you're back to your old habits on picking up girls? Really, Andrews?? You're on my turf."

"Okay... okay... I'm sorry. It will never happen again." Said Jessie raising up her right hand.

"I got my eye on you." Pointing my finger at her.

"That's what you get on dating a playboy. You should have gone out with me, ei?" said Madison.

"Buzz off!" said Jessie shoving Madison's face.

****

(AJ's POV)

I'm staring at my plane ticket as I sat down to my couch drinking my coffee. I rested my back and gave a heavy sigh.

"I'm not going." I said to Alastair.

"But you're gonna be alone on the holidays. Mom and dad wouldn't want that for us. We're always together on these special occasions. Come on, sis. We want you there. Greg is already packing my bags as we speak."