Chpt.2 My New World

Percy POV:
I woke up on a park bench, what had just happened was a little dazed, but as the event go clearer and clearer, the more angry I got. Now all I had was my Mother and Paul, because my friends, family and the love of my life left me. I new that I needed to see my family, so when I exited the park, I got my bearings, and headed for my old apartment.

As I came upon the building I noticed how it looked almost the exact same, though I had a gut sinking feeling about entering. When I opened the door to the lobby, all was fine, but as I neared my floor, that sinking feeling got worse and worse. When I got to my door, I almost felt nauseous, then I smelled it, the smell of a recently decaying flesh, the smell of death.

I hurriedly broke down the door, what I saw, I will never unsee, I saw my mom and Paul laid out on the floor, with their body's so mutilated I couldn't make out what happened to them, and on the walls, painted in dried blood was 'Payback Jackson -Love Gaea'.

I stumbled forward onto my knees "Gaea, you bitch, one day I will find you, and I will make you pay for this!" I yelled out in anguish as I closed the eyes of my mother, still filled with fear. I quickly washed away the writing on the wall, before calling the police, I didn't want to have to explain this to them.

As the police arrived, my eyes were just drying, as I had been crying, as I sat there listening to the police tell me that because I am 18 therefore I am free to do what I want, also, my mothers funeral was taken care of by a mister H.P.

I didn't know who that was and I didn't care all that much right now. I was told that because of the circumstances, I would be the sole recipient of my mother and stepfathers wills. After the cops did everything they needed to I headed to the nearest hotel, because I knew I couldn't bare being in that apartment no matter what.

As I sat on the bed I was finally with the true weight of all that happened today, I sat there crying, not sobbing, but silently crying. I did that till almost midnight, but knowing that I wouldn't get any sleep, I stayed up thinking about my options. I could live for some 8 months max on the money I just received, but I would need to look for other employment in order to keep going. But what could I do, I was only ever good at 2 things, fighting, and being a demigod, which I wasn't anymore.

Then I thought about it, those people like Connor McGregor, and Canelo Alvarez make millions, and they fight, what if I could do that? I new of a few MMA and boxing gyms, a few dojos of different martial arts and other gyms. Maybe I could could do that, I could live in a small apartment, work at like a convenience store to make money, and start working my way towards being a real fighter.

Soon I started working out the logistics, even though it was coming close to 1:30 am. I working out that I would get a part time job, and when I would train. I worked out that I would practice MMA on Monday, Boxing on Tuesday, weight lifting on Wednesday, then repeat Monday and Tuesday for Thursday, Friday; Then Saturday and Sunday would be UFC training.

I knew my life would be hell like this, but I new I could do it. As I started to get the finer details down, like looking at apartments on the phone I got earlier, I heard a nock at the door. I found this concerning because it was 3:00 in the morning. I slowly walked to the door cautiously, a habit of being a demigod for so long. As I got to the door and looked through the peephole, I saw that there was no one there, so I opened the door to find a note on the door that said: "This is a formal invitation to the funeral of Sally and Paul Blowis-Jackson. The funeral is 2 days from today, 12:00 o'clock at maple hill cemetery(not sure if this is a real place or not)."
-Love H.P.

Then I noticed a small skull next to the name and it suddenly hit me, H.P. stood for Hades Pluto, this made so much sense. Now that I thought about it, after Hades had given Hazel and Nico their gifts, he left, he wasn't on his temporary throne, with his kids, or even in the shadows. Maybe I did have a few gods on my side, like Hades and Hestia.

With that I knew I should go to bed, as soon as I laid my head down, I fell asleep, I woke up the next day around 9, I spent the day looking at apartments, buying new clothes and other things that I needed , including stuff like tape, boxing and ufc gloves, and all that other stuff.

I also found a nice little apartment for about 1,000 a month(New York cheep), it was kinda small, 1  bed, 1 bath, a kitchen with a small living room, but that is all I needed. I moved all my stuff in, because I didn't have much, I also got some food, learning to cook from my mother is going to really help me out. Finally I went to sleep.

When I woke up I got dressed and headed to get some breakfast, by the time I finished it was 11:00, so I started to walk towards the cemetery. As I did, all my past memory started flooding my mind; When mom first made those blue cookies to spite Gabe, and when I first met Paul, and every other little moment mom, Paul and I shared.

When I got to the gates of the cemetery I saw 2 people standing on the other side, people I instantly recognized as Hades and Hestia. As soon as I enter the cemetery Hestia embraced me in a hug, whilst Hades stood awkwardly off to the side. "I am so sorry this happened to you sweetie." Hestia said to me in a motherly voice "It's not your fault Hestia," I replied before looking a Hades and asking "What happened to them when they reached the underworld?" "They were immediately put in the isles of the blest." He replied with as warm a smile as he could.

"Thank you so much, for doing that." I said as I closed the gap and gave Hades a hug making him visibly uncomfortable. As I let go of him I said "Thank you both for arranging this, I don't think I would have been able to." "No problem." They both said. We walked to the "ceremony" in silence, when we got there I saw that all that was left to do is close the casket and bury them. As I looked at them I broke down, I started crying uncontrollably, as Hestia came up and hugged me. "It's okay Percy, they are in a better place." Hades said as he patted my back. "I know, it's just hard seeing their faces." I replied, after Mom and Paul were buried Hestia put some flowers next to there headstones "They will never die, as a symbol of their love to you." She told me.

As I said my good byes, Hades and Hestia flashed away to there respective homes. As I walked to my new apartment, I had a small smile on my face, my life was anew and I would make the most of it for mom and Paul's sake. I was already making plans to call trainers and gyms in my area as I walked down the New York streets.