Chpt.14 The Power

Percy POV:

I awoke almost instantly, and magnificent gold light shooting out of my eyes as power coursed through my veins. I could feel my bones and muscles growing, my hair and beard getting longer and tattoos forming along my back and forearms.

I stood up on shaky legs, now standing at around 6'10, an extra 50lbs of muscle, bringing me to about 300lbs. A number of Norse tattoos adorning the length of my forearms and I could feel some down my back. I could feel raw strength in every muscle as I moved them. I felt like I could hold up the sky with 1 arm.

I looked around too see everyone's shocked face except for Thor, he stepped forward and said "Now you need an appropriate weapon." He stuck his hand out and a double sided axe, adorned in Norse ruins and carvings, leather straps for grips at the top and bottom, and intricate designs on the blade itself flew into his hands. The whole thing was only 4 feet long, and 3 of those feet where the grip, but when I held it, it must have weighed 800lbs, which is why it immediately dropped to the floor.

"Jesus Christ, what is that made of?" I asked picking it up, now that I was ready, for it, finding myself able to pick it up with just over 75% effort with some the new found strength. "That is made with indestructible Asgardian steel with a sprinkle of neutron star." He said proudly. "I also have these for you." He said grabbing my wrist, causing 2 solid tungsten bracelets to form on my wrist. "Now image them transforming into bracers." He said to which I did, causing them to do just as he said. A pair of intricately carved bracers made of some sort of blackish metal, lined with soft animal fur formed on my forearms. "These are magical, similar to my own," he said as I stared in wonder at them, "they will give you extra strength to wield this weapon. And one last thing, the axe, you don't need to actually pick it up and carry it around, you can summon it like I do with Mjolnir. Now go train."

And so I did, for the next 5 months I went every day, slowly unlocking new levels of strength given by Thors blessing. By the end of those 5 months I could bench 3000lbs, and I could squat and deadlift 5000. I was on level with gods. I also got some good "cardio" in with Hel. I also became a master with my new axe, which I named War Ender. It was a deadly weapon, able to cut through solid steel and rock like butter, and crush pieces of the best armor like a tin can in a hydraulic press. But there was still one last thing I had to do. I had to get good, no, great with a bow.

I originally got that bow from Apollo cause I thought, if I had any spare time, I could train, get kinda good and just have another weapon for my arsenal, then I died. In my time I had met Ullr, the Norse god of archery, hunting, skiing and winter. I had cut down a giant tree in the land of the frost giants for him so he could make some new skis and bows so now he owed me a favor and I know just how I was gonna cash if.

Every since Orion shot me in the back(of the head) I've been kind of pissed at him, so I wanted some revenge. I can see the poetic nature of beating him with his own mastery, but it's not about that, I want the monsters of the next thousand years to remember that Orion, got shot, and killed by an arrow, shot by me, Diablo del Hombre.

I walked up to Ullrs door, a small cabin in a mini forest that really stood out amongst the gilded marble houses, and knocked on the door. "What can I do you for Percy?" Ullr said opening the door. He stood about 6'3 lean and muscular appearing to be in his mid 40s, he wore a lot off furs like he was always ready for winter, and he had a quiver on his back. "Well, I was hoping you could give me some archery lessons the last month I'm here." I asked kinda sheepishly. "Sure, I don't see why not." He said. "Follow me out back." He said exiting the door and walking around the side of the house.

He put me about 30 feet from the target and told me to give it my best shot. So I did and missed, by like 15 feet. It was bad. "Well, that wasn't very good now was it." He said with a light chuckle. "Now there is a few things wrong..." he started as he began to coach me, putting me in the proper positions showing me how to aim hold the arrows and everything. After doing all this I started to get close to the target, until eventually, I hit it, something I had never done before. I started to celebrate when Ullr stopped me. "There is much more to do Percy, let's focus." He said pointing back at the target. "Yeah, you're right." I said with steely resolve.

Once again I began to train, until after 3 weeks I hit my first bullseye. Then 2 weeks, 10 in a row, and by the second to last day before I was set to leave for earth, I was finally ready. Based on all that it wouldn't surprise me if Ullr had used some magic to help me along but still, I felt ready.

After a restful sleep I was ready to go back to Earth, me and Hel walked to the gates of Asgard to meet Hiemdal who would teleport me right in front of camp. When we arrived there was hundreds of people chanting for me to go win the war, among them were Ullr, Thor, and even Odin. I stared out in amazement, "We all wanna see you win babe, so you better." Said Hel playfully. "I will." I responded before kissing her. I walked over to Hiemdal, but then suddenly Hel stopped me.

"Before you go, I made you this." She said, handing me a mask with. It had curved horns the went down the side of the face, flames in the eyes and 2 sharp canines in front, it coved the upper lip and above on  my face(imagine like the Balrog from LOTR). I put it on and breathed out through my nose causing flames to shoot out, also, while they were on the outside, there was no flames on the inside. I could feel the flame burn off my shirt leaving me in just my jeans and boots, showing off all of my tattoos and scars. "Now you really look like Diablo Del Hombre." She said "Now go kick some ass." She said as I was suddenly teleported down to earth.