Chpt. 13 Thor the Fangod

Percy POV:
I woke up in Hels bed, still covered and sweat, holding Hel in my arms, cuddling. I slid out of bed, letting her sleep as I searched the place for bathroom, after finding one and taking a shower and such, I searched for a kitchen. I found a kitchen that looked straight out of a Michelin star restaurant and began to cook some breakfast. I made a full American breakfast, eggs, bacon, toast, sausage, home fries and banana pancakes. I had picked up some good cooking tips from some great chefs when I got famous.

I put 2 plates on a tray and brought it up to Hels bedroom laying it across the bed, gently poking her shoulder to wake her. "Morning love." I said as she sat up and in bed.

"This looks delightful." She said opening her eyes. I leaned down and kissed her softly. "Hope you like it". I said as climbed into bed next to her to eat.

We sat there shoulder to shoulder eating breakfast watching the tv on the wall facing the bed.

We finished eating and she looked at me, saying "You should probably go to the training grounds today. Who knows you might even see Thor. He's a huge fan of yours." She said surprising me. "Really?" I asked bewildered. "I didn't see that coming." I said quietly looking down. "Yeah, I'm sure you'll hear all about it." Hel said looking mildly amused at the thought of Thor acting like a fanboy. We finished our breakfast and I got dressed in gym clothes, preparing for what will probably be the most intense workout of my life.

It was a short walk to the training arena in Asgard. I entered it seeing hundreds of Valkyries, Vikings and Norse gods training. Some with bows and arrows, somewhere swimming laps in a pool the size of a small lake, others running the track around the open roof stadium that rivaled nfl stadiums in size, others where lifting weights on the hundreds of available machines and racks. They even had a boxing ring in the middle. But in the corner I saw people all crowded around 1 man doing bench press. Of course I wanted to know what all the fuss was about so I walked over, I fought through the crowd till I got to the front.

I saw a huge, monster of a man, he must have been 7 feet tall, with thick red hair and a thick red beard and mustache, a huge stomach not covered by anything except tattoos and battle scars. All he wore were thick leather and metal boots, and pants made from the hides and furs of many animals. He also wore a large belt which must of been his belt of power, he also had lighting jolting from his eyes as he put the weight up.

At first I didn't know why exactly everyone was crowded around him until I saw how much he was lifting. The plates on the bar where made from a star, and so wasn't the bar itself. "How much is he lifting?" I asked dumbfounded to a Viking standing next to me. "20,000 lbs." he replied just as shocked.

After a few more reps he racked the weights and sat up. And looked around, screaming "YEAH!!!!" As everyone hyped him up.

We all started to disperse to do our own workout. I started to walk away when Thor said "Is that Percy Jackson?" In a deep, authoritative voice. I turned around to see Thor pointing at me with a wide, and friendly smile.

"Yes, I presume you're Thor." I responded, turning around. "Yes I am dear boy." He responded cheerfully "I've heard a lot about, big fan." He said walking over and giving me a handshake that felt like my hand was in a hydraulic press. "Not every mortal or demigod can do what you've done." "Thanks." I replied shaking back.

"I've been watching you since you fought the Minotaur." He said releasing my hand. "And I don't mean that in a creepy way, we have a kind of cable tv that follows every fight in the 9 realms." He said clearing up the very creepy statement. "Well thank you." I said flattered that the god of thunder and strength new who I was. "Say, i was curios if you wanted to go a few rounds in the ring." He said pointing over to the boxing ring in the center of the arena. "Sure," I responded "just don't kill me." I said causing him to let out a jolly laugh as he lead me over there with a crowd of people tailing behind.

We stepped into the ring, I took my shirt off and put my gloves on, while Thor willed some onto his hand. We both got ready, when the bell rung. I approached him cautiously. We circled a few times before I went in, hitting him in the kidney, and he didn't even flinch, and for me, it was like punching a redwood. I backed off again, after a few seconds I went in again, dodging a jab from Thor, then responding with 2 quick gut punches followed by a right hook.

And the same thing happened, he didn't didn't move and I hurt my hand. "Come on, I thought you were one of the best." Thor laughed. I knew I was gonna have to go for the week spots, placed with less muscle and flesh in the way. But before I could, I blocked a pretty routine jab to the ribs which sent me flying across the map, knocking all the air out of my lungs. After a second to compose myself though, I was back in it.

I saw another opportunity, I dodged a quick jab just like earlier but this time I hit him twice in the solar plexus, and came through with a deep right hook to his nose. As my fist made contact I could feel and hear a crunch, part in both from my had cracking and his nose breaking. A trickle of blood started to come out of his left nostril as I backed away again. "Nows where the fun begins." He said wiping  the blood from his nose and charging me.

I had less than half a second to dodge before I would have had a hole through my chest. I dodged to the side and as soon as he looked my way, I got him in the temple causing him to stumble. Using this I kept up with him, hitting him in his nose and temple over and over again. Until he stumbled into the ropes where I just pummeled into him like the worlds most solid punching back.

After a solid 15 seconds of this, Thor got out of his stupor and punched me right in the chest, sending me through the ropes outside of the ring. "Oh that was a good fight, haven't had on like that in years." He said walking over and healing all the broken bones now in my body, simply by tapping my forehead.

"Glad I could help." I said sitting up. "I like you, a lot." He said "and with the whole deal you made with my father, and the war you have to win, I might just give you my blessing." He said with a smile. I instantly jumped to my feet. "Really?" I asked wide eyed. "Yes I will." he said holding out his hand and placing it on my forehead.His palm, pressed against my forehead, started to glow as I felt energy start to course through my veins, then, it all went black.

Sorry for the wait, I got a job, started track and field, ended track and field, and I'm lazy. Also I'm writing this all on my phone so it sucks.