#12 Just a Moment

[Apollo]

After heading back from the unusual event with... whoever that was, Apollo headed straight home. He didn't know what to tell Sophia when he got back. He thought maybe it would be best not to mention it at all. If he did, would she really believe him? And then he thought, of course she would. She believes in everything.
After flying back to the house, Apollo checked his phone to see if Sophia had seen his message. He saw Sophia's reply, noticing that it had been sent to him a few hours ago. He didn't think he was at the lake for so long. He climbed over the fence, landing in the backyard and opened the back door to the kitchen.
"Hey, I'm back!" he announced. The house was quiet. Sophia wasn't in the living room, but he spotted game controllers out on the coffee table. Apollo went upstairs and threw his backpack in his room. The door to Sophia's room was closed, but Apollo peeked inside. She wasn't there either. He figured that Sophia was probably at the tree house. He flew by it when he was on his way home, so she might be there. Apollo sent Sophia a quick heads-up text.

> I'm back, I'll be at the tree house in a bit.

Apollo went into his room and hooked up his phone to the charger, grabbed some fresh clothes and went into the bathroom.
After a quick shower, he went back into his room and sat down at his computer desk. He checked his phone again to see if Sophia had seen his message, but there was no indication that she had. He didn't think anything of it at first and when his eyes glossed over his computer, he got distracted and started looking at various sites to see if there had been any updates.
As he scrolled, he eventually stopped. His mind relayed the events of what happened just a short while ago and he couldn't seem to stop thinking about it.
What happened? What were those... things that pulled him underwater? Who was that girl... Teri? How long was he really there and how did he not see her before...? And how in the world was she able to make that... bubble thing around his head so he could breathe underwater? There's no way that could've been possible. He only remembered seeing her face and he couldn't shake the feeling that there was something... different about her. But at the same time, he hoped he wouldn't see her again, he can't risk anyone seeing him. Especially with his wings exposed.

Apollo became distracted with these thoughts for a long while, momentarily forgetting that he was supposed to meet up with Sophia. His phone that sat near remained silent.