#33 A Mess that Hadn't Been Made

[Apollo]

Apollo followed behind Teri who led him to her Mother's room. Hoping to find some clues as to why her Mother left. Apollo had no problem keeping up with Teri, but he couldn't keep up this speed for much longer.
"So, how long has your mom been missing?" Apollo asked.
"It happened a long while ago. I can't remember exactly." Teri said.
"Must've been a long time them."
"Yes, perhaps. But I am starting to fear that she might not come back for a long time. I don't know if she'll come back at all ."
Teri starts to slow down a bit and Apollo swims up to her side.
"I just don't understand why she left. She would never go anywhere outside the castle without letting someone know where she was going. Or at last leave something behind to let me know that she was okay." Teri starts to cry. Apollo moves over and puts a hand on her shoulder.
"Teri, I understand that you miss your mother and it's okay to be scared. If we can't find anything today, we can always come back tomorrow and try something else. And if we still can't find anything, you can always come to us for help and we'll do whatever we can to help you. I seriously doubt that your mom would just abandon you. She must have had a reason to leave. But we won't leave you." Apollo tried to reassure her.

Teri takes a few deep breaths and rubs her eyes. She doesn't smile, but she nods and leads Apollo to the end of the hall to a pair of double doors.
Teri breaths for a moment before slowly opening the doors, and suddenly gasping at the scene before her.