#40 Repositioning

[Sophia]

Eventually, I was able to find sleep until the sun rose. And then I heard heavy footsteps coming up the stairs. The door burst open and I could feel hands shaking me vigorously to wake me up.
"Sophie! Sophie, get up!"
"C'mon, Sophie you have to get up!"
I groaned loudly and looked up.
"What?" I said in a low monotonous tone.
"Apollo sent us to wake you up." Fleetfoot told me.
"He's waiting at the tree house. Teri wanted to see us." Flyboy added.
"Aight, lemme get ready and I'll meet you there." I said slowly.
"Okay, we'll be waiting for you." they said as they walked out. They didn't even close my door. I groaned as I got up, closed the door, walked back and crawled back into my covers. I just lied there for a moment, fighting the sleep and wake modes at the same time. My room was still totally dark, but I could see light trying to creep through the blinds. I picked up my phone from my small desk and checked the time. It was almost 11:00. I sighed.

Eventually I got up and got myself ready to go back out. I rubbed my bandaged wound as I pulled a shirt over my head. It didn't hurt as much now.

I really hate getting woken up like that.
Back when I was in school, Apollo would have to come wake me up. He'd open the blinds, flick the lights on and off really fast and slam my face with pillows until I moved. Eventually, he toned it down with just one pillow slap and left so I could get ready. I'm used to getting woken up, but being shaken and pushed so forcefully like that was just a mess.
I went downstairs and thought about getting a quick breakfast for myself, but decided against it because I wasn't really that hungry. I fixed my bag around my shoulders and zipped up my jacket. I was still groggy and decided not to fly to the tree house. I just walked the whole way there. I wasn't exactly wondering what Teri wanted to say, I just knew I had to be there.
Apollo and the Twins were already there, waiting for me.
"I tried to get you up, Sophie. But you wouldn't wake up, so I made the Twins come get you." Apollo said. I looked over at the pools of water where Teri usually meets us, but she wasn't there.
"Where's Teri?" I asked lazily.
"Oh, she was waiting for you to come so she went back to get something." Apollo told me. So we all waited for Teri to come back. I sat underneath the tree where the tree house stood. The sun was still rising and I could feel it's warmth on my face. It felt really nice.

A burst of bubbles popped over the surface of the water and Teri's green head popped up.
"Oh good, you're all here!" Teri said happily.
"Hey Teri, how are you doin'?" Apollo asked. We all gathered around except me. I just scooted closer so I could hear, but I stayed in the sunlight because I was cold.
"Okay, before I say anything I wanted to give you this." Teri reached underneath and pulled up a jar. It was hard to tell what was in it.
"What are these?" the Twins asked.
"I made you a supply of breathing bubbles, so that in case you wanted to come visit me you could use these whenever you need them. Or, you know, for whatever else." Teri explained. She handed the jar to Apollo. He held it closer to his eyes, taking a long look at the charms inside.
"Thanks for the gift Teri, but what did you want to say?" the Twins asked.
"Oh, well I wanted to say that..." Teri was shy at first and looked away. "I just wanted to thank you all for helping me look for my Mother when I had nowhere else to turn. I was really worried at first that I wouldn't be able to handle everything myself. And when I first came to the surface, I was afraid I was getting myself into more trouble..." Teri suddenly beamed at us.
"So until we find my Mother, I'll do the best I can to lead my people and I know I have you to help me, right?"
Apollo nodded.
"Of course we'll help you. Until we find your mom we'll help as much as we can."
"If you need anything from us, don't be afraid to ask. We'll be here whenever we need you." the Twins said proudly. Teri looked at me, waiting for a positive answer. I snapped out of my daze.
"Uh yeah, if there's any trouble I'll come get you out of it." I said in a mental state of panic. But I did promise that I would do my best to help her in case she was in any sort of trouble.

"That's good to hear. It really is. But just in case if we don't find my Mother and if she really is gone for good... I will assume the role of the new leader of my kingdom. But only if it comes to that." Teri said softly. We all understood, but assured that we would not let it come to that. Not yet a queen, but maybe soon to be.
Teri said she could stay a while longer to hang out with everyone before she goes back to resume her position. So that's what we did. We all just hung out. Teri asked what some of us did for fun. I wasn't really involved with a whole lot, I just sorta did my own thing until Teri said she had to leave. Apollo was showing something to the Twins up at the tree house and I was sitting underneath the tree, continuing a drawing I had started earlier.
"Hey Sophie... Sophie, come over here." Teri whispered. I lifted my head and walked over to Teri who was trying to grab my attention whilst sitting on the edge of the pools.
"Yeah, what is it?" I asked. Teri ducked her head underneath the water and pulled out something and handed it to me. It was the Ruined book. I was confused as to why she was giving this to me. It was still soaking wet and dripping onto my legs.
"I thought I'd give this to you, just in case whatever did this wouldn't come back for it. I thought this'd be safer with you." Teri said.
"Yeah, okay. I'll be sure it's safe." I said.
"Good! Also, I heard from the Twins that you're really good at sketching, so maybe if the book dries out you might find something we couldn't see before. Like when you helped me decode the message my Mother left me. Well, I'll be going now. See ya!" Teri dived beneath the surface and disappeared. I decided to put this somewhere it'll dry out, but also hidden.

Honestly, I doubted at first that I'd really find anything since the first time I looked through this. But maybe if I let it dry out, I would find something that I didn't see before. Until then, I made sure to keep this book safe.