#28 Preparations

[Sophia]

The rest of the day was peaceful. Everyone kept themselves busy, including myself. Just away from everyone else. I don't know if you've noticed this, but I'm an introvert. So you probably won't see me interacting with everyone else a lot.
I don't think really think I need to explain the rest.
When the day was ending, we went back to the house. Apollo and I talked about what we should bring since we'd be underwater presumably all day. But we also thought about not bringing anything at all since all we would be doing is looking around. Plus, I wouldn't bring my bag with me because it'd get wet and so would everything inside, obviously.
Later, we all said goodnight and retreated to our personal spaces.
I take personal space very seriously, although nobody but Apollo understands the actual meaning of personal space. Sometimes I think there are too many extroverts in the world. But then I think if the world was full of introverts, we'd all be complete shut-ins and yeah, I don't think that would turn out so well either.

I didn't feel sleepy yet so I organized my room a bit until I couldn't think about anything else to do and turned off all the lights, closed the blinds and lied on my bed. I told myself I should sleep as much as I can so I'd have enough energy for tomorrow, but of course my body and mind just couldn't agree on anything. They never have. Well, except when I'm drawing. That's the only thing they can agree on.
My body was comfortable enough, but in my head, thoughts and scenarios were playing like little movies, my hallucinations were hallucinating. I lied still, eyes closed, body at rest, yet I wasn't asleep. It's like this every night. Most of the time I just try to calm myself down, think of some nice relaxing music and put it on repeat inside of my head until I finally doze. It's such a weird thing I do. But as long as I have the ability to sleep, I'm perfectly fine the next day.

The Twins were downstairs, curled up, already asleep. Apollo in the other room trying to sleep, and me in my room trying to stay asleep. All of us were wondering what would happen the next day. And yet at the same time, none of us focused on it. It's funny thing really. When you're trying to sleep, you seem to forget about what happened today and what's going to happen tomorrow. Well, for some people at least... and I can't say the same for everybody. But there is that little moment where you just forget everything. And think of all the things that could happen. The things that could be. No matter how unrealistic they are, or what they seem. We all wonder about something.

Eventually, sleep found me and I had a peculiar dream.

I dreamt that at first, I seemed to be floating. Or at least, I had the feeling I was floating. I saw blue. A deep blue. I looked up to see water. Or at least, from where I was in the water, I was floating in an ocean. I felt calm and content. As if I was sleeping in the ocean. Just being there as I looked at the surface above me. It's dark and I knew I could go up there, I know that's where the surface is. But I felt fine where I was. Just floating. Sleeping in the ocean. I had a feeling that I wouldn't remember this when I woke up tomorrow.