#44 Sophie's Dream Part 2

I had another dream that night...

It's late at night, and there are no stars out. But there aren't any clouds out here either. It's just clear, cloudless sky. But it's really late. I seem to be standing over the edge of a cliff, or I assume it is. I think I'm leaning against a tree, or at least standing near it. But as I stand there, I'm looking out towards the horizon. Still as ever. I can see light below me, probably a city or a town of some sort. But the lights are bright and I just keep looking at them and back to the empty sky. Soon, I start to walk away as I look up at the sky.
"Man, it's so beautiful right now." I said to no one in particular.

Suddenly, from out of view I get kicked in the guts and I go flying away, hitting the ground and sliding off the edge and I'm suddenly hanging by a thread. I'm dangling by one hand on the cliff and I can't seem to pull myself up. Actually, I was more confused than I was surprised. But somehow, I was able to hang on despite how far I got kicked. Until I heard heavy footsteps.
"Hey, hold on! Hold on, I'm coming!" a voice called out. I wasn't sure if it was speaking to me. I was just confused. I heard someone running towards my direction and from above me, there was a shadowy, black hand reaching towards me. I didn't hesitate. I reached up my other hand and tried to grab onto it. But instead, it slipped right through. And my other hand that was holding myself slipped when I tried to grab the hand again, I just ended up further away from it. I was falling.
The cliff edge was drifting further and further away from me. It wasn't until I looked down at the city below me was getting closer and closer and I realized what was happening. I kept bracing myself for the impending doom, looking at the lights that were getting closer and closer towards me.

But instead of finding myself falling, it felt more like I was falling... slowly. Floating?
And the more I looked around me, the lights from the city started falling above me. I seemed to be floating through the stars. Further and further, still not yet close to the ground, but still far from the cliff where I once stood. I just kept looking around me, floating softly, yet still falling.