𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓽 6

''ATHENA,''The girl heard her name being called,making her lips turn into a smile.A week after the incident,she was back in the house,now working in Shelby Company Limited.

''Hey Mikey.''She said with a smile,looking at her new favourite person.Her and Michael came very close during this week,especially when she started working alongside with the man.He was pretty close to her age,so they did bond very easily.

''My favourite girl,how are you?''He asked softly,placing his coat over his chair,making sure to leave a kiss on Athena's soft cheek.''I am feeling much better.Physically,at least.''She said once more,sitting on one of the chairs.''I don't regret that I work arround here as well.It really gets my mind off some things.''She admitted to him,making him sigh as he lit up his cigarette.

''I hate that you went through that.''He said,making a french inhale with the smoke,which made Athena's thighs quiver.She wouldn't admit it,at least not yet,but that little action that Michael does very often,does things to her.

''I will promise you right here,I will make sure that this doesn't happen again to you,ever.''Michael whispered softly,his free hand over Athena's.To be honest with himself,Michael was feeling a thing or two for Athena.Sure,he cared about her.But he cared about her in a way that lovers do,not friends.

The girl smiled softly,''Thank you,Michael.''She whispered.Around Michael,she felt safe.She felt like she had a person that understood her.How could she not like Michael?He was affectionate,kind,educated.He never made her feel less.

''You know,I need a partner for Tommy's wedding.''Michael said with a soft smile,which made Athena giggle.Ugh,Tommy.A few days ago she didn't even know how to feel about that wedding.Polly informed her about it before Thomas did.Turns out Grace was pregnant as well.

She would lie if she said that she wasn't hurt,she was heartbroken.The wedding and the pregnancy only confirmed that this man had used her.She was sure that she was viewed as a young,naive girl who was just a comfort to the man that got betrayed.

Of course,she wasn't in love with Tommy.But she felt things,she did feel things for him.She had true,honest feelings for the man that was almost twenty years older than her.And he threw them in the trash,like they didn't even mean a thing to him.

After all,it was confirmed that she was just a little excitement.The man was heartbroken,betrayed and he had mixed feelings,he was confused.But still in her eyes,what he did with her was unacceptable.Tommy as well felt like that.He beated himself for it,badly.

Athena smiled and shook her head at the thoughts.No more weeping for Tommy,and thank God that whatever they had lasted this long.She could,at least,go on with her life.

''You know what?I need a partner as well.''She smiled softly,and Michael felt his heart burst.That smile did wonders to him.''Then,Mrs.Walkers,it would be my honor to be your date.''Michael said with a charming smile,that made Athena's heart melt.''It's a date then,Mr.Gray.''The girl smiled to him,her smile turning to a grin as he kissed her delicate,soft,fingers.

''Am I interrupting something?''They both heard Polly's voice,making the young woman look towards the door.Polly was smiling.She was smiling at the sight of the two young adults.She loved Athena and she would love to see her as Michael's girl.Many times she was trying to get the two together,without them noticing.So,she loved seeing that her plan was almost accomplished.

Instead of getting nervous,Michael just smiled and shook his head.''Me and Athena just sealed a date,didn't we love?''He asked her softly,looking in her pretty blue eyes.Athena smiled and nodded her head,''We sure did.''She replied to him,looking in his green ones.

Polly felt her heart busting at the sight.From Polly's perspective,when two people are staring in each other's eyes,it's something more than caring,it's love.She just hoped that she would be proven right soon.

''I am happy to hear about this.''She replied honestly,making the younger ones smile at her.Polly was like a mother to Athena in England,and she could not be more happy with her around,she was a god sent gift in her opinion.

''I just wanted to inform Athena,Tommy wants you in his office,sweetie.''Polly said,which made the girl's smile drop a little.''Alright then,thank you Aunt Polly.I will see you in a bit Michael,if you excuse me.''She said and got up,smiling at the family before she exited Michael's office.

She took a breath once she reached Tommy's office,knocking on the door.''Come in.''His low,warm,voice was heard which made the girl touch the doorknob and open the expensive door.

She closed the door behind her,looking at the man that was sat on his chair.He had a cigarette lit up,his glasses on his face as he was reading something in front of him.Once he smelt Athena's perfume,he looked up,letting out a sigh.

''Sit down,Athena.''He said,sounding cold,which made her worry.Even though they had this little adventure,they were never on bad terms.Athena sighed and shook her head,sitting on one of the chairs.

''Polly wants you to marry Michael.''He said softly,shaking his head.Athena's heart was racing against her chest.She could tell that Polly loved seeing her with her son but she didn't believe that she actually thought of marriage.

''She told me earlier.And I have to ask,are you fuckin' with my cousin?''He asked,his tone never changing.Athena's eyes widened;was he fucking serious now?Thomas Shelby was for sure a narcissist.

''Tommy,you really have the audacity to ask me that?''Athena asked softly,which made the second oldest Shelby look at her.He didn't expect that question,at all.''You used me,fucked Grace,got her pregnant and you are about to marry her,pretty soon.I trusted you with my whole heart.I gave you myself,Tommy.It was my first time with you.And you have,the damn audacity,to ask me if I am sleeping with Michael?''Athena asked,not believing that Thomas was offended by this.

Thomas Shelby was for the first time stunned in front of a woman.The only woman in his life that ever made him speechless was his Aunt Polly.He never expected that a girl,twenty years younger than him,would make him feel so ashamed.

''I am not fucking him,alright?But I do like Michael.He is sweet,kind,and he understands me.I believe he likes me as well.''She said,folding her arms over her chest.''I am not thinking of marriage,whatsoever;we haven't even been on a date yet.But I would like to get to know him more.''She finished,looking up at the older man.

Thomas nodded his head,taking a deep drag from his cigarette.Once he heard about Athena and Michael from Polly's lips,he was furious.But after her little speech he couldn't help but to think;why,was he furious?He really had the audacity to be mad about that,when he completely broke the girl two weeks ago.

Maybe,Thomas Shelby,was indeed very selfish.He just couldn't believe that his younger cousin would have the girl that made him feel everything,on his sheets.Twisting and grabbing them just like she did with his.Her pretty lips moaning Michael's name instead of his.Her blue eyes rolling because of Michael,and not because of him.

''You are right,Athena.I shouldn't care about that little relationship when I have a woman back at home,with my child in her womb and a pretty ring around her finger.''Thomas' words fell on her like sharp knives.Of course,the notorious Thomas Shelby could not apologize properly.He had to insult the girl.

Athena just shook her head,moments like this one,she was grateful that he had finished what they had between them.He was another woman's trouble now,but still his words cut deep in her skin.

She sighed and got up,''Alright,Thomas.''She said and walked towards the door.Tommy couldn't miss the fact that Tommy became Thomas to her.Soon Mr.Shelby would be his name on her lips.

''Oh,I didn't tell you.He will be my date at your wedding,just an information.''She said softly before she exited the office,making Tommy's jaw fall.

He had lost her for good.The young girl would not be taken for granted anymore,and she would make sure of it.