𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓽 18

MICHAEL GRAY took a deep breath as he stepped in his home.He made sure to spent a couple of hours at the pub before deciding to come back home to his wife.He hoped that she had cool off and she was ready to have a conversation with him.

Placing his coat and hat on the hanger after removing his shoes,Michael walked towards the living room.His breath got caught as he noticed the black haired woman sitting close to the fireplace,a photo album in her hands.The album that held pictures of their family.

He couldn't help but to spent a couple of seconds,leaning on the doorway.He wanted to admire his wife before they had the conversation that would probably lead to the end of their relationship for good.

A smile came to his face as he noticed her cherry lips turning upwards as she flipped through out the pages.Legs bent on the soft cushion,her long red silky robe opening up and giving him a glance of her beautiful skin.Her matching slip reached to her mid-thigh so he had full vision of her soft legs.

''You look devine,Mrs.Gray.''He whispered,making his presence known to her.She took a deep breath,trying to hold her emotions in before she faced her husband.Turning to face him,he felt his heart break to pieces.Her beautiful baby blue eyes were bloodshot and he had noticed the dried stains of tears on her soft cheeks.

Michael felt hesitation but soon stepped towards his wife,sitting next to her.His eyes fell on the page that she was looking at for the last minute.Ah,the picture that was taken after their wedding.Sure,they had a civil ceremony,but it was a very precious moment nontheless.She was dressed in a beautiful,long,white dress.It was long sleeved and had small diamond details all over.It was actually Polly's gift;made in Paris.

Her hair was slightly curled,let down to her back.A simple winged liner with a few mascara coats and a firey red lipstick completed the look.In Michael's eyes,she couldn't be more beautiful.They both had a genuine smile on their faces,in their arms holding the twins that were born just a week prior to the wedding.It was a simple,maybe forced wedding since they did it for the sake of the twins and legality but it was an important moment for the couple,either way.She became Mrs.Gray.

''I don't understand why you wanted to jeopardize something like this.Was it worth it?Was she worth it,Michael?''She finally spoke up.She didn't sound angry;just very,very upset.Defeated.Heartbroken.

''Nothing is worth it.Just you.Just you and the girls.''With no hesitation,Michael answered to her question.His eyes were on her face but she just couldn't look at him in the eyes.Just not yet.

''Then why would you do it?''She asked him once more,making Michael actually question himself.There was no logical explanation.He had everything he wanted in his arms.The woman that he dreamed of having since he had first laid his eyes on her and two precious girls.His children.In simple words,Michael's arms were full.Full of love.

So why,would he even think of hurting Athena the way he did?He couldn't even come up with an explanation himself.

''I don't know.I honestly can't even explain myself,Athena.I am a fool.That's what I am,yeah.An absolute fool.And I can't even blame it on the booze or the snow.It was my own doing.''He whispered,being completely honest with her.

She took a deep breath as she closed the album and placed it on the table before sitting down once again,looking at her husband finally in the eyes.''I don't understand the concept of cheating when you are in a loving relationship.And even if you aren't,you should break up before moving on with your life.But I find it absolutely ridiculous cheating on your other half when you want to be in a relationship with them.I always bashed on John and Arthur for being unfaithful to their wives.I thought that you were different,Michael.I really did.''She whispered,looking deep in his green eyes.

''And it broke my heart even more that she actually was carrying your child.''She added,his own heart breaking at her tone.Michael could hear it in her tone that they were done.He had ruined them.And for what?For the thrill of the forbidden fuck that was Charlotte.

''Was I...Am I not enough for you?Am I enough in general?Why does this keep happening to me.''She whispered and this time it felt like she was actually talking to herself.Michael's brows furrowed as his eyes filled with tears at her confession.Is that what she was actually thinking?

Athena Gray was more than enough.More than Michael Gray ever deserved,more than Thomas Shelby ever deserved.More than any man deserved,truthfully.

''You are more than I ever actually deserved Athena.What a fucking angel,yeah,you are.I was just being a fool.It was nothing but a fuck.No feelings attached,you are the only woman that I absolutely have fallen for.''Michael whispered,his hands on her cheeks,making sure to look deep in her eyes.He wanted to get his point across.He had never felt a thing for Charlotte.

''The day that you became Mrs.Gray was the day that I felt that I was born once again.It felt that it was all meant to be.I am not going to beg for your forgiveness,baby.Even though,that's what you deserve.Me,on my knees,begging for your forgiveness,days straight.But I want to give you space and time.If you need me out of the house,just say it.What I will ask for,is for you to think about this;about us.Consider giving me a chance.If you don't,I will absolutely understand.Just please.Think about it.''He said,his tone low.He didn't want to upset her even more than before.

She gulped her saliva down,taking a deep breath.She nodded her head after a few seconds,''I will think about it.I just need space.You will still see the girls whenever you want.But please,for a few days,maybe weeks.I don't know.I need you out of the house.It wouldn't do good to either of us,staying together while we are shattered.''She whispered and Michael could feel his heart ready to burst.He didn't believe that she would actually consider their relationship.

''I will come back to the house whenever you want.Take as much time as you need.Thank you.''He muttered and held her small hands in his,bringing them to his lips both.Laying a kiss on top of 'em,he looked up at her.

He felt absolutely grateful that Athena was so logical.She could be screaming at him right now,tossing his favourite possessions,but no.She decided to have a conversation with him and reconsider what they had.

He didn't know how he could even think about fucking up something like this.

He felt so manless at the moment,a boy.That's exactly how he felt.Real men don't treat their women like this.Women that own absolutely every piece of them.

''I love you Athena Gray.With every beat and piece of my heart.Remember that.No one else could ever compare to my angel.No one else fucking matters.Only you.You and our little ladies.''