𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓽 17

''MRS.GRAY?''THOMAS SHELBY asked as he knocked on the shared office that the Gray's have in the company.As he heard a 'come in',he walked in,closing the door right behind him.

He looked confused as he found only Michael in the office,his wife's desk abandoned completely.''Where's your wife,Michael?''He asked the younger man,that was currently smoking a cigarette and looking at some numbers on a book.

His cousin looked up from the savings,looking at the man that was standing right in front of the door.He let out a sigh and relaxed back,''John came earlier and took her to the pub along.They went out with Arthur and Finn.''He said as he got up,walking towards the stash of drinks that they had to the corner of the office.

Picking out a crystalized whiskey glass,he filled it with some Irish,walking back to the desk,''Would you like some?''He kindly asked his older cousin,making Tommy shake his head;it was actually shocking for him to turn down some good ol' Irish whiskey.

''I had half a bottle already today.''He confessed,making Michael nod his head before he sat down once again on his chair,''Johnny heard about the pills,he wanted to cheer her up.''Michael sighed before he took a sip.

''How is she doing?''Tommy asked,placing a cigarette between his lips,his cousin lighting it up for him with a match.He thanked him with a nod,before he sat down on the opposite chair of Michael's office.

''She is doing better.My mom comes by the house often to help her out,talked to the maids too.She lets me help her out.It's a hard task,but she is taking baby steps.''He sighed,still stressed about that matter.He knew that he would be stressed about it till she actually got better.

''C'mon,Michael.Seems like you need a night to the good ol' pub,s'well.''Tommy sighed as he put out his cigarette,patting the younger man on the shoulder.Michael nodded his head;he wouldn't argue.He would love to go to the Garrison and relax with his wife before they both went back home.

''Alright,''Michael sighed and turned the lamp off,wearing his coat before him and his cousin walked out of the office,making sure that the door was looked before they both exited the company.They were the last to leave,it was already 23:00 PM.

 THE GARRISON.

  ''Take it easy,Athena.''

  ''I'm just fine,Finn.''The black haired mumbled,leaning in front of the wooden table and snorting in the lines that were laid out.

''Michael's gonna have my ass for this,ya know that?So please don't have a goddamn overdose.''Finn pleaded his sister in law,taking a drag from his cigarette as he played his turn in the game.

''Well,it was your doing,shoving snow in 'er hand,yeah it was.''John muttered as he looked through out his cards,sipping some whiskey.

''She looked stressed.''Finn tried to justify himself,he honestly believed that snow would calm her down,so he gave her a couple of lines.He didn't think that she would actually get hooked on it.

John opened his mouth to reply to him,but his gaze fell upon the door as it opened up.Inside stepped a young woman,around Athena's age.She had black short hair and looked very stressed herself.

''Hello,is Michael Gray here?''She asked softly,making Athena look up from the table,raising a brow.''Why are you looking for him?''She asked with full confidence,even though her eyes were dropping.

The woman huffed and reached inside her purse,placing a stack of money on the table.''That's for the abortion.My family paid for it.If he didn't even want to be there for me,I don't need his money.''She said,making Athena's eyes narrow as she got up,leaning her palms on the table.