𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓽 16

TW:mentions of ed.

''MR.GRAY,YOUR MOTHER IS HERE.''IRENE said to her boss after she stepped into his office,making the young man nod his head as he let his pencil down.''Thank you,Irene.''He said as the maid nodded her head and left to go back to her work.

Michael put out his cigarette and walked out of his office,walking towards the living room.Polly Gray was already seated,sipping on some tea that Kate,the second maid of the Gray's,made.She smiled as her son walked towards her,kissing her forehead,before he sat down himself.

''How have you been,Michael?''Polly asked her son,already placing a cigarette between her lips,her son mirroring her act.He pulled out a match and lit both of their cigarettes,Polly nodding her head as a thank you.

''I've been good,since Athena was at the office today and I wasn't,I took care of the girls.They are taking a nap now.''He smiled at the thought of his two angels sleeping in their cribs.Taking a deep drag out of his cigarette,he looked up at his mother who was smiling at him.

''I wanted to see them.Hope they will wake up before I leave,''She commented,taking another sip from her tea.''Is Athena still at the office?''Michael asked since he knew that his mother was there earlier as well.Polly nodded her head,''Yes.Ada requested to grab some lunch together with her but she insisted to stay and take care of something that Tommy asked her to finish.''Polly said,making her son sigh.

''That woman...''He sighed,taking a generous puff before he exhaled the smoke out,''Tommy should give her a day off.She needs to stay home and take care of herself and her children.I will have a talk with him.''Polly said,taking a puff herself as she looked at her stressed son.

''Even John took a day off.Went with Esme and the kids to the country side for a day,took a breath.''Polly smiled softly,''Which reminds me,Esme asked me to grab some pain-relief for Katie.Can't believe she is that grown.''Polly chuckled,''I know that Athena keeps some in the medicine cabinet,can you bring it for me?''Polly asked her son,making him nod his head.

''Of course,''He smiled softly at his mom before getting up from the soft cushion of the sofa and put his cigarette out.Walking up the stairs and into the main bathroom that the family shared,Michael started looking in the medicine cabinet,sighing in relief as he indeed found some pain-relief meds.

Opening the box,he furrowed his brows as he saw that the container did not match the box that came with it.Grabbing the small container,his eyes got wide.''Fuck,''He mumbled,''Fuck,fuck!''He growled out,making Polly furrow her brows and put her cigarette out before she walked up the stairs herself and joined her son in the bathroom.

''What happened?''She asked,closing the door behind her as she found her son on his knees,the medicine cabinet still open,holding a small container of pills.He didn't say a word,he just gave the container to his mom,making her gasp as she read what it was.

''Appetite suppresants?''She whispered,in disbelief.Looking at her son as he got up after closing the cabinet,she sighed.''You found that in the pain-relief box?''She asked him,making him nod his head,''Seemed like she thought that I wouldn't look for that type of medicine.''He sighed,rubbing his face with his palm as his eyes were shut.

''And she told me that it was from the stress,''Polly chuckled bitterly,her heart feeling heavy.''You think?..''She trailed off,making him nod his head.''Obviously mom.She has a fucking disorder.She eats half a toast in the mornings,drinks coffee three times a day and when the maids serve lunch and dinner it's always untouched.''He groaned,leaning on the marble sink.

''Fuck,''She sighed.''Also..''He started,making his mother furrow her brows as she looked at him,making him sigh.''When she actually puts food in her mouth,sometimes at night I hear her throw up.It's late at night,two,maybe three am.She makes sure that I am asleep before she does so.''He confessed,''I never thought it was something like this till now.''He added.