𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓽 8

tw:mentions of r*pe.

''I'VE CALLED THIS FAMILY MEETING so I can inform you all about something that took place in my office in the company last night.''Tommy said as he walked around the room with a cigarette between his fingers,looking at his family all around the table.Athena was there too,Lizzie as well.

''Athena,we know who caused you that pain.''He said as he sighed,taking a deep drag.There was no easy way of saying this,but it needed to be done.He didn't know if the girl would hate him or if she would fall in his arms and thank him but he knew that he needed to say the truth.

Athena furrowed her brows in confusion,looking at the older man.Michael that was sitting next to her,let his hand on her thigh,giving it a caress.That of course didn't go unnoticed by Thomas Shelby who for a moment,clenched his jaw at the sight but let it slide.

''Your brother Bet,he worked with the Italians behind our backs.''He finally confessed to the girl and his family as well,making them all shocked at the confession,except for John.Benjie was taken under their wing when he was a man with no job,poor and just wanted to provide an easy life for him and his family.They couldn't believe their ears.

''He...he made a deal with Changretta.You were part of it.''Tommy said softly as he placed his hands on the table,looking at Athena who just realized what Tommy was trying to say.Her brother is at fault for her rape.

''What?''She whispered,not knowing how to react.What to say exactly,she was speechless.She was hurt,she was angry.She felt every single emotion at the moment and she was feeling extremely overwhelmed.

''That can't be true Tommy,how are we sure?I can't believe that fuckin' shit!''Polly exclaimed,her hand comforting Athena as she was rubbing on the girl's softer one.

Tommy sighed and shook his head,closing his eyes for the moment.After taking a breath he opened his ocean ones,looking at his family.''It's true,Polly.He confessed it himself.He also admitted that Changretta was not the one that raped her,but a piece of useless cumshot,Antonio Angelis.''He said,filling himself a glass of whiskey.

Athena felt her senses leave her body for a second,feeling very hazy.Every single word fell deaf on her ears.Michael noticing how the girl was almost swaying her body on the chair,wrapped his arms around her and placed her head on his chest,giving firm rubs on the back.

''We took care of it,Athena.Bet...he is burried six feet down,Antonio Angelis as well.''Tommy said,feeling a weight being lifted off of his shoulders.Athena gasped at that,removing her head from Michael's chest to look at Tommy with her eyes full of tears.Tommy felt his heart stop for a moment,looking back at her pretty eyes.

''Thank you.''She said,making him and John almost sigh in relief.She could not be mad that they killed him.Her brother ruined her,he absolutely ruined her.From the moment that he made her part of the deal,he was not her brother,not her own blood.Once she heard that he was the source of her pain,she knew that she would kill him with her own hands.How could she let him live after he scarred her soul and body?That is not what family does.

In her eyes,he was her rapist as well.Benjie Walkers was behind her rape,he raped her soul before she was even raped by that Italian man.

''Bring her a glass of damn water,that girl can't see in front of her!''Esme ordered to her family,looking as Athena slowly closed her eyes,her body almost giving out.

''Shit.''John mumbled as he got up,walking towards her chair,Arthur right behind him.''Hey,Athena?Sweet girl?Don't close your eyes on us,eh?''John said quickly,placing his hands against her cheeks.

Michael thanked Lizzie as she brought a glass of water,helping Athena to sip on it,most of it spilling down her chin though as she couldn't understand what was going on arround her.