𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓽 19

ATHENA GRAY took a deep breath as she opened up the door.Elizabeth,one of the little ones,laying her small head on her mum's shoulder.It was late and the maids were already off to bed.

Elizabeth Gray,was very cheeky and restless;just like her nana.Her and her sister had just stepped into the fifth month of their life.They had already smiled for the first time and giggled;Elizabeth hasn't stopped giggling since she figured out how to do it.

So,while her sister was asleep,Elizabeth decided to keep herself entertained with her mama.She woke up,did a fake sob and once her mum was in her vision,she let out one of the loudest baby laughs that Athena had ever heard.At the moment she knew that the handful would be Elizabeth out of the two when she would grow up.

Athena didn't mind though.She felt her heart become full when she saw her little one laugh.She had been through so much pain the last few days now that their father was out of the house,her babies were the best comfort.

She really couldn't sleep since the day that Michael went back to Polly's home.Even though she felt that she couldn't be in the same house with him,she didn't feel the safest on her own with the girls and the two maids.

So,she was more than happy to have one of her daughters to keep her company even though it was way past her bed time.

''Tommy?''She asked softly as she saw the slightly taller than her man stand right in front of her very own eyes.Tommy took a breath and smiled softly as he noticed the small babe in Athena's arms.

''Good evening,Athena.''He whispered softly,looking in her pretty blue eyes.With a smile he nodded his head towards the baby in her arms,''And little lady.''

Elizabeth giggled as she noticed the man looking at her,lifting her small chubby hand up to wave.Well,it was more of her moving her arm wherever,but he got the point.

''Great manners already,I see.''He commented with a smirk,letting his hand caress Elizabeth's chubby cheek gently.''My God,she looks more and more like you every day that passes.''He let out,his gaze shifting towards Athena.

She smiled at that,kissing the chubby cheek that he had just touched,''Polly says so as well.''She whispered softly,looking for a second at her daughter before she locked her blue eyes with his ocean ones.

''I wanted to see how you've been.You haven't been at the company lately,after the break that I gave you.''He said,making Athena sigh gently.

''Please come in,we can talk inside.''She said,not wanting to have this talk over the door.Tommy nodded his head,removing his cap as he stepped in the home.It was a sign of respect and Athena felt a flutter at the sight of it.

Closing the heavy entry door,she took a firm grip on her daughter as they walked towards the lounge room of the house.Athena noticed little lady Gray get tired,so she rubbed her back softly and informed Tommy that she would be right back,after she put her daughter back to bed.

Tommy took his time,filling himself a glass of whiskey since he was familiar with the house.After sitting down,he took a nice sip and smiled as he noticed Athena walk back in the room.

''I see you served yourself already,''She said softly,filling herself a glass as well.

''You know Athena,you have picked up the Brummie accent over the last few years.''He commented,ignoring her statement.It made her roll her eyes a bit.But you know,classic Tommy.

''I've noticed so meself.''She said,sitting down next to Thomas Shelby.

''I am not doing well.''She finally replied to his question.Kinda late,but Tommy picked up on it.