Gentle

Remus was always so gentle with Sirius it almost drove him mad.

Sirius was used to the harsh hands that would grab him and hurt him, he didn't know how to react to Remus's gentle ones.

Even when he was away from his family and with girls they were never gentle with him. Besides the general weird, unnatural feeling he got with them he also felt like he was nothing more than a corps. They would grab and pull his hair and tell him what to do and then leave him feeling empty.

Sirius didn't feel normal, he never did. A guy shouldn't feel upset after getting with a girl and he shouldn't feel empty and used, he's a guy for crying out loud. At least that's how he saw it.

Most of all he shouldn't feel so safe with his friend, his best friend, his boy best friend. He shouldn't love the feeling of his hands on him and the warm tingly feeling he gets in his belly at their reaction. He shouldn't want him to touch him more and in other places.

In the night when he was scared he would crawl into Remus's bed and snuggle up close to him. Remus never made it weird, he never made him feel like an idiot. He would just pull him closer and wrap his arms around him and run his long, gentle fingers through his hair until the both fell asleep.

When Remus and Sirius started dating Sirius couldn't get enough of Remus's safe and gentle touches.

The way he would intertwine their fingers and play with his raven hair. The way he would touch his cheek and run his finger over his cheekbone. The way he would grab his waist and pull him closer. The way he would lay him gently on his bed and kiss him and his body like it was a treasure.

Sirius still thought of the nasty way his parents would treat him. Their harsh touches and the brutal pain they caused him.

Sirius never thought he would be able to feel so safe in someone's arms. He never thought he would trust someone in the way he trusts Remus. With his heart, his body, his mind. He trusted him with his life.

Remus thought he was a monster but no monster was loving the way he was. No monster could make someone feel as safe as he made Sirius feel.

Remus was Sirius safe haven. When they were together they felt like they were untouchable. Remus was Sirius's protector and Sirius was Remus's.

They were safe in each other's arms.