Iris and Drops of Jupiter

AN: I do not own Drops of Jupiter or the lyrics. Train does. They're great. You should listen to them. And now on with the chapter!

"Three days until Paris!" Bee squealed as she threw clothes at me. She was packing her suitcase and I was sitting on her bed.

"I can't believe we leave the night after tomorrow. This is going to be so fun." Ginger said from the window seat, where she was painting her toenails.

I flipped through a magazine. I was all packed, because I had spent Easter alone in my bedroom. My mom had thought it was appropriate to have Bill the cardiologist over. Percy hadn't been there, because he was spending Easter with his stupid girlfriend. Since I wanted nothing to do with Bill, he and mom went to his house and I stayed home and sulked. I would have gone to Rory's, but he and his mom were up in Springfield visiting his grandparents.

"Paris is the most romantic city in the world." Bee said dreamily, spinning around holding a dress close.

"And why would that matter to you Beatrice?" Ginger asked mischievously.

Bee stopped spinning around and threw the dress at Ginger. "Put this in my suitcase. It matters, because you and Rory have to have a romantic visit to the louvre, and Colton and Iris will have a romantic visit to the Eiffel Tower."

I rolled my eyes. Why did everyone assume Colton and I were a thing, or would be a thing? I had just gotten out of a relationship, and I wasn't looking to jump back into one.

"Right. And what will you and Bradley be doing?" I teased.

Bee walked back into her closet. "Well I'm sure Bradley will be stuffing his face with croissants or crepes or something. I will be out in the parks or shopping, or going to see a musical performance. I get one week of freedom away from my parents. I intend to make the most of it."

Ginger stood up. "I'm going to meet a bunch of hot French guys."

I sighed. "Can you do something that doesn't revolve around a guy for once? Be independent Ginger."

She ignored me and walked over to the mirror. She began touching up her makeup.

"What are you doing?" Bee asked.

Ginger put on some red lipstick. "I have a date in like ten minutes."

"With who?" Bee asked.

"Theo." She replied.

"Theo's a jerk." I muttered.

Ginger turned around to face me. "That's because he likes you! Duh. I swear I'm the only one of us with a brain here."

I decided to let the brain comment slide, considering Bee had a 4.0 GPA, I had a 3.75, and Ginger was barely pulling a 2.75.

"If he likes me then why are you going out with him?" I asked.

"Because I've only gone out with Theo twice, and it's been fun both times."

She'd been out with most of the guys in our grade and the seniors at least three times.

"Don't you ever get bored? Or haven't you ever wanted a long term relationship?" I asked.

She laughed. "I'm having fun! Commitment is overrated."

Okay, so it's overrated for you, but when a guy cheats on you commitment is the most important thing in a relationship. Ah, hypocrisy.

"Well you're my ride home, so we better leave." I said.

She nodded and grabbed her car keys. "Bye Bee-bee. See you at the airport."

Bee didn't even look up from her closet. "See you."