Iris and The Date

"Iris! Stop moping around about a guy. Who are you, some ditzy romance novel heroine?" Bee demanded.

I ignored her and buried my face in my pillow. She just didn't understand, because she wasn't allowed to date.

"Iris seriously, this is some Ginger style behavior right now." Bee said.

I heard Gingers' voice faintly from somewhere, probably the bathroom, "I take offense to that Beatrice!"

"Good!" Bee yelled back. "Get up Iris. Seriously. It's Wednesday already, and you wasted an entire day of Paris on some stupid guy. Get up right now."

"Go away Bee. You don't get it." I mumbled.

She tugged the blankets off of me and took them.

"Well jokes on you, my pajamas are warm enough that I don't need blankets." I said.

All was silent for a moment, and I figured that I had won, and that Bee would stop bothering me.

Then she dumped ice cold water on me.

"Beatrice Rhodes! What the hell was that for?" I shrieked.

I sat up and glared at her. She smirked.

"Good. It worked. Now get up, and go take a shower. Your mom has her itinerary, and if we're going to be free during the afternoon, we have to get going." Bee said.

Ginger walked out of the bathroom, wearing skinny jeans, a black button down shirt, and heeled black boots. Her hair was curled, and her makeup done to perfection. "It's all yours Iris!" She said.

I got off of my bed, gathered my things, and locked myself in the bathroom. After a minute I took a shower, and changed into leggings and a hoodie. I didn't put any makeup on, and just put my hair into a bun.

I walked out of the bathroom and almost knocked Bee over. "Come on! You took forever in there. Let's go!"

I scowled and followed her out of the room.

When we got to the lobby I sat down next to Mom to avoid interacting with Colton. She was on her phone, with Bill.

I still don't like him, and I probably never will.

She said goodbye to Bill, no I love you, and then we left.

We walked to a small cafe, that was very cute. I ordered a bagel and ate at a small table in the corner with Ginger, who had ordered a crepe.

Colton kept trying to catch my eye, but I kept my eyes firmly planted on my bagel.

After the cafe, we were dragged to multiple gardens and some parks. They were pretty, but kind of boring. Bradley got us kicked out of the last one, because he picked a rare endangered flower for Bee.

She was not impressed.

"Okay, this is our last stop, and then you're free for the rest of the day." Mom said.

We were at a restaurant, and preparing to order food. I was at the opposite end from Colton, and was sitting next to Ginger.

The waiter came by to take our order.

"I'll have a plain salad." Ginger said.

"I'll have a salad too." I said.

We ate our food, and then Mom left us at the restaurant.

"So what are y'all doing with your free afternoon?" Bradley asked.

Rory snorted. "Bradley, you are not southern. You're from Massachusetts, just like the rest of us."