Iris and The Airport

I stood scowling by the airport doors as my Mom and Bill said their goodbyes. More accurately, kissed their goodbyes. It was disgusting. He was around like all the time now.

"Have fun in Paris!" He said to me.

I ignored him and went on my phone. I hoped this was just a phase and that Mom would dump him soon.

"Oh my god like Bill is so nice to you. You should marry him." Katherine gushed.

I mentally face palmed. "Do you ever shut up? Ever? Or does anything meaningful ever come out of your mouth? Because in my sixteen years on this planet, I cannot think of one time where you said something meaningful." I said.

Katherine's mouth opened. My Mom glared at me. "Apologize to your aunt. Now."

I sighed. "Sorry for insulting you." I mumbled.

Thankfully Katherine seemed satisfied with that, and continued babbling to Mom about something.

We were the first ones at the airport, two hours before our flight left. We were definitely early enough. I sat down by my suitcase and went through my Twitter feed, trying to pass the time.

Ginger was the first to get there. "Oh my god I'm like so excited to be away from my parents. But anyways, just think, tomorrow by this time, We'll be in Paris!" She said gleefully.

"I can't wait!" I admitted.

I pulled out a guidebook and we pored over it, trying to figure out the places we wanted to go.

I was so excited. It was my first time going to France, and I was going with all of my friends which made it even better. Plus, there was no way Bill could show up in France.

Just then Rory waltzed through the doors. "Bonsoir mesdames comment allez-vous?"

"I have no idea what you just said. I don't speak any French." Ginger said.

"Well that's going to come in handy." I remarked.

"Oh, because you know so much French."

"I know how to say hello! And yes!" I protested.

"Then say it." Ginger demanded.

I rolled my eyes. "Hello is-"

I was interrupted by Bradley making his entrance. "Bonjovi, ladies and Rory."

Rory burst out laughing. "Oh man that's hilarious Bradley. You're pretty funny."

Bradley looked perplexed. "I just said hello in French. Why is that funny?"

Rory stared at him. "No. That's not hello. It's- you know what, just make sure you use google translate a lot during this trip."

Bradley shrugged. "Whatever man. Where's BumbleBee?" He asked.

"Not here yet." I answered.

He looked downcast for a moment. "Whatever. I'll just make Rory teach me French."

Good luck with that. Bradley seemed oddly fond of Bee. I had to wonder if he liked her. I mean it's not like it mattered if he liked her, because her parents wouldn't allow him anywhere within a ten mile radius of her if they knew he was interested. But it was kind of cute, to be honest. Much easier to root for than Ginger and Rory, for gods sake. What could their couple name be? Beedly? No. Bree? Oh my god yes. Bree. That is the ship name.

Finally, Bee walked in. Bradley's eyes lit up when she walked in, and he stopped bothering Rory. Oh yeah. He was head over heels.

She sat down next to Ginger. "I'm so excited. I can't wait to practice my French. Of course, I'm très bien, but still. This'll be so fun!"