Iris and Getting Lost

We had been walking around for ages. A few hours I would guess, to be more exact. I wasn't sure if we were lost or not. I didn't know where we were, but maybe Bee or Ginger did. They were walking ahead of me silently, and I just followed. Should I ask where we were? My phone said it was 2:30. We had been gone for a few hours. My guess was right. We were supposed to meet my Mom at the hotel restaurant at 3:00.

I quickened my pace to catch up with them. "Do either of you know where we are? We're supposed to meet my Mom back at the hotel in half an hour."

Ginger said nothing, but kept walking. Bee looked at me. "I don't know where we are. I don't really know how to get back to the hotel either." She admitted.

Ginger had to not know where she was going either. God this was stupid. We should have brought a map. She looked like she knew where she was going though. Her head was up, and she was walking confidently. I had spent the last three years of high school following her lead, what was another hour?

Finally we reached a cafe. Ginger strode purposefully in through the doors. It was kind of dingy inside. There was a lot of dust, and some seedy looking people were sitting around. A kind of cute guy who looked our age was manning the counter.

Ginger nudged Bee. "Go order us some coffee."

Bee walked up to the counter and ordered us something in French. Ginger led me to a table in the back, which had crumbs all over it. Gross. Naturally we were in the dingiest cafe in Paris. We couldn't have stumbled upon a cute one. Bee returned with three mugs. I sipped mine. It wasn't too bad. Ginger took one sip of hers and then got back up.

"What's she doing?" Bee asked.

I shrugged even though I knew. She was probably going to flirt with the counter dude. Like always.

As it turned out I was right. She was laughing and had her hand on his arm three minutes later. He disappeared a minute later and returned with a phone, which he handed to Ginger. I left Bee at the table and walked over to the counter to see what she was doing.

"Hello? Rory? It's Ginger. I know you're mad, but please don't hang up. We're lost, and we're at some cafe. We need you and the boys to come and rescue us. Where are we? The Alpha Cafe. Don't tell Mrs. Fitzgerald. She'll freak." Ginger hung up. She handed the phone back to the guy. "Thanks."

He nodded and winked. "Anytime Babe."

Gross. What a creep. I tugged Ginger's arm to get her to come with me.

"You should stay up here and chat with me. You can have a pastry, on the house." He said.

Come on Ginger. A free pastry is so not worth it. But nope. My best friend was an idiot. She sat down at the stool. "Can my friends have a free pastry too?" She asked, batting her eyelashes.

He nodded and went into the back. Bee joined us.

"What are you doing?" I demanded.

Ginger smirked. "Getting us free pastries and a phone to use so we can get out of here."

I rolled my eyes at her. "Don't roll your eyes at me. I'm getting us out of here and back to the hotel before your Mom freaks." She snapped.

Ginger was so annoying sometimes. This was her fault. If she had brought a map or something, we wouldn't be sitting in a dirty cafe with a creep serving us. Plus, we wouldn't be playing damsels in distress for the guys to come save us.

"Whatever." I answered.

"Whatever." She said, mimicking how she thought I talked. Apparently I talked like a high-pitched valley girl.