0.3

0.3

"you'll move your stuff over as soon as possible," decided karla

"you'll move your stuff over as soon as possible," decided karla. "we should have an extra room somewhere at the house, no?"

ezra nodded his head. "i cleared one out not too long ago."

"bien. if all goes well you'll be able to start tomorrow. they should welcome you with open arms."

awkwardly sitting in front of the beautiful mafia boss, gwen felt her heart twist. how was it that a couple of hours ago she was at work, and now she was in a completely unknown and different place, and still didn't know where she was.

"uhm, what about school? i mean i—" karla held her hand up, glaring gwen in the eyes.

"i'll have one of my employees drop you off," stated karla, crossing her arms over her chest. "if that's all of your concerns, i'll get someone to take you to your room."

gwendolyn gave an awkward chuckle. "do I ever get to leave?

a humorless laugh came from karla. "oh, dear. une fois que vous avez adhéré, il est difficile de partir."
(once you join, it's hard to leave.)

"huh?" blurted gwen. "what did you—"

"oh, nothing." karla aimlessly tossed her hand. "i don't like to repeat myself, chéri." (darling)

with a heavy groan from the wooden door entered a tall red-headed woman, one gwen knew fairly well.

"scarlett?" from hearing her name called, the said woman's eyes widened.

shock forming in her brown eyes, scarlet hurried towards gwendolyn. "gwen, what are you doing here? i thought you—"

gwendolyn smiled slightly. "well uh, it's a long story," she said.

scarlett sighed and shifted her gaze towards karla. "if she's one of your victims, then i'll never forgive you, karla."

gwen felt her face flush as scarlett defended her from the mafia boss' eyes.