0.5

0.5

after a month of gwen joining the mafia, karla had to admit it:

she had a huge crush on gwendolyn westbrook.

the very thought of thinking about the soft-spoken girl made her heart thump against her chest as if she was a teenager in high school— she was twenty-seven, she shouldn't be acting like this.

resting her head on her hand, she took a sip of whiskey." merde. je crois que je deviens fou." (shit. i think i'm going insane)

karla knew she looked pitiful, late night-drinking at her desk. dress shirt unbuttoned and wrinkled, every strand of hair out of place, and the obvious bulge in the middle of her pants. and to top it all off, she was thinking of one freckled girl— one that she couldn't get her mind off of.

yet she couldn't help herself, gwen was just so... pretty.

the way her hair sat on her shoulders, the way her freckles were scattered on her face, the faint glint in her eyes.

karla's been constantly drawn to her, yet she still couldn't talk to her outright. as if she had a special aura around her that prevented karla from womanizing her like all the others.

"arrêtez ça," she told herself. "work needs to be done." another swig of whiskey ran down her throat. (stop it)

but a little break wouldn't hurt... would it?

slamming the glass onto the desk, she threw herself up from her chair, leaving the office. the wall lights beamed above karla's drunken figure stumbling through the hallways.

as if her body was on auto-pilot, she stopped moving as she reached a familiar door.

the infirmary.

if karla was in her right state of mind, she would've turned around, back to her office, and continued drinking. yet the only thing stuck in her mind was gwendolyn westbrook— the girl who could be on the other side of that door.

"i just want to see her... even if it's for a moment," karla mumbled to herself.

she pushed the door open, vision blurry as she looked for that specific person.

and with her back turned against the wall, was the one and only gwendolyn westbrook, making the beds and fluffing up the pillows.

she wore a sage blouse which hugged her chest, all but two buttons buttoned-up, showing a bit of her cleavage with the sleeves slightly rolled up. a light grey pantsuit empathized the curves of her thighs, giving karla a nice sight of her—

"oh!" gasped gwen, shocked by the movement behind her. "ms. valetin, is there anything you need so late?"

taking in gwendolyn's appearance, she dragged herself close towards the shorter girl, throwing herself onto her without any control of her body. falling onto the bed behind them, gwendolyn wrapped her arms around the mafia boss subconsciously.

karla buried her nose into gwendolyn's neck, taking in her faint scent of cherry blossom perfume. "holy shit," she mused. "you smell so fucking good. almost delectable." her lips grazed the nape of gwendolyn's neck, leaving the said girl red-faced.

smelling the whiff of alcohol, gwendolyn's nose wrinkled. "m-ms. valetin... you're definitely drunk." she attempted to pull the nuzzling and tipsy mafia boss off her neck. "give me a second and i'll get you some water."

as she tried to pull herself off the hospital bed, karla grabbed her wrist. "mmm, don't go. stay riiight hereee." karla's voice slurred.

"ms. valetin just let me—" a manicured finger was placed on gwen's heart-shaped lips.

"hmm... you talk too much," karla frowned. "your pretty freckles, your shiny eyes, how soft your hair looks..." her hand traced gwen's jawline as she spoke.

gwen gasped. "i—"

"why are you so damn cute..." huffed karla, leaning her head closer.

and just like that, she placed a gentle kiss onto the girl's lips.

gwendolyn soaked in the feeling of karla's lush lips meeting hers. eyes widened, heart racing, she could do nothing but keep her body still. she'd never kissed anyone before, especially someone of such high status and power to their name. the more she thought about it, the more wrong it felt in her mind— kissing her boss!

yet she couldn't help but like the lingering feeling touching her lips.

noticing the lack of movement from gwendolyn, karla pulled back, allowing her finger to draw mindless circles on her cheek. spotting gwendolyn's flustered face, she grinned.

"look at you. red is such a fitting color on your cheeks." karla smirked, her velvet voice giving gwen shivers. "another kiss wouldn't hurt, n'est-ce pas?" (would it?)

once again, mocha lips glided against the pink ones, more passion behind this one than the first. just enough pressure for karla to taste the flavor of gwen's lipstick.

"strawberry. my favorite." she smirked, watching as gwen's eyes darted away from her face.

this time, gwen pushed her lips into the kiss, allowing karla to take the lead. warm lips meshed together, karla's teasing tongue slowly tracing her lips. shocked by the addition of tongue, gwen let out a little gasp, allowing karla to slip her tongue inside her mouth.

eagerly exploring with vigor, karla let out a low moan— almost causing gwendolyn to shiver as their noses bumped. karla's hands trailed down towards gwen's thighs, breathing becoming shallow as she changed the position, now hovering over gwen.

"ms. valetin!" gwendolyn cried, releasing herself from the kiss, leaving a thin strand of saliva connecting and reminding them of the blossom of their new connection together.

"shit. c'était parfait," karla grunted. (that was perfect.)

"gosh... that had to be a mistake— i mean you were drunk and—"

"what did i say earlier? you talk too much," karla paused. "i'm drunk as hell, but that wasn't a mistake."

a moment of silence followed afterward, then karla's head dropped down onto the bed as if her head was a heavyweight. her body rested on top of gwendolyn, slowly breathing.

"uh... ms. valetin?" stammered out gwen. realizing that the mafia boss was passed out drunk, she steadily shifted out from her grasp.

pushing her body further on the bed, she covered karla with a random blanket she'd folded earlier. finally, she sat down onto the day bed seat under the window and sighed.

staring out onto the endless sea of trees outside, gwen touched her lips gingerly. the feeling of karla's lips pressed against hers lingered.

what does this mean?

․°🌹°․