0.11 🌷

0.11

"please no more medicine. i'm sick, not half-dead," groaned scarlett.

gwendolyn sighed. "we've been over this thousands of times, scar. your side isn't fully healed and the medicine helps it out. please take it."

it was like begging a child, even though scarlett was a full-grown woman. maybe she just liked to torment her for fun.

"i swear i'm fine. i just wanted to hang out with you, i'm tired of being bed-bound all the time." scarlett turned away from gwendolyn.

"no, scarlett."

"have i told you how great you look today? your hair looks so silky, your outfit looks amazing, and did you use a new perfume?"

"flattery isn't gonna work on me either," huffed gwen. "but i did try a new conditioner last night..."

right as scarlett was about to throw another compliment, the infirmary doors opened, revealing karla.

"good morning," she greeted. "how are you ladies doing today?"

ms. andrews seemed shocked by the happy tone in karla's voice. "oh, us? well...uh, very nicely, ms. valetin."

gwendolyn felt her eyes trail over to madeline, a mischievous look held in her eyes. being gwen's wing-woman meant she knew everything.

madeline strolled over to the shorter girl. "i see your girlfriend wants to see you."

"oh, gosh! don't say that so loud, maddy! we... aren't an official thing."

"you two aren't official yet. she'll ask you at the time you'll least expect it— i've got a feeling."

gwen's eyebrows furrowed at her best friend's words in thought. "why do you say—"

heavy arms draped around her shoulder, the familiar scent of rich perfume hovering above her. "ma fleur." (my flower)

karla, you're making me melt.

every breath stopped in the room as they watched the public display of karla peppering kisses all across gwendolyn's face, especially scarlett.

"huh!" mrs. andrews exclaimed. "so that's the person who's getting little gwen all red now!"

gwendolyn hung her head down embarrassed as she stood next to Karla. "well, you see, we—"

"i am," karla boasted. "would you mind if i borrowed her for a little bit?

"for what exactly?" scarlett sat back, sitting up in her bed.

karla released gwen from her arm. "none of your business, scarlett. s'inquiéter de cette balle dans votre côté." (worry about that bullet in your side)