0.26

0.26

right once the morning sun rose into the sky, karla's eyes fluttered open

she didn't know exactly why her body had woken her up so early, as she usually woke up at later times. yet she couldn't fall asleep, so she lay in bed— wide awake.

staring up at the light fixture above her, a heavy sigh left her body. the thought of leaving her warm haven and having to go out into the mafia world back again drained karla, yet she still showed up every day.

just one single day, she thought. to get away from all the madness that's soon to come.

karla shook her head. selfish. stop thinking selfishly; everyone needs you.

her fingers made their way to gwendolyn's disheveled hair, slowly massaging the top of it.

just one day.

"mhpf... karla." gwendolyn grunted, shifting her head on karla's chest.

karla silently gasped."yes, my love?"

"you're moving too much."

"oh, am i? my apologizes."

"mhm." gwen rubbed her still-closed eyes. "what are you thinking about?"

a sigh left karla's mouth. "thinking about what needs to get done for the day, that's all."

"stop thinking about today," gwendolyn grumbled. "think about something else."

karla hummed. "i'll think about you instead. how about that?"

a dry cough left gwen's mouth. "nuh-uh, don't. i dont look good right now."

"and why does that matter?"

silence rang in the bedroom. "i dunno," gwendolyn blankly answered. "can't you just lay down and close your eyes?"

"i can't." suddenly, a random thought came to her mind. "what's your favorite kind of cat?"

"why are you asking?" gwen slightly lifted her head off of karla's shoulder for a moment, then laid it back down. "eh, whatever. probably the small white ones."