0.14

0.14

fingers drumming on the counter, gwendolyn nervously fiddled with the sleeves of her shirt

after yesterday when karla had fallen asleep on top of her chest, she decided today would be the perfect day for them to be together.

it was just the matter of actually telling her that gwen was nervous about.

she came out of her trance once the door opened, revealing madeline dressed in sweats.

"awh, look at you all cute." madeline greeted gwen. "what are you dressed up for?"

gwendolyn wore a lace tank top under a light blue, gingham pattern button-up. white jeans and converse finished the look along with a touch of madeline's makeup she'd let her borrow.

"i think i'm gonna do it today," gwendolyn stated.

"do what? clean this place for the 10th time this week?"

"good guess, but no." gwen tugged on madeline's hoodie sleeve. "c'mon, guess!"

"fine, okay, okay." madeline paused. "you're finally asking ms. valetin out on your little date?"

"bingo! how'd you know?"

"you're a very predictable person. plus your face lights up every time you talk about her." madeline pointed out.

gwendolyn twirled a strand of her hair around her finger. "i really like her, and she's amazing and— you get the point. i have everything in mind, but i just don't know how to ask her."

madeline hummed. "just walk up to her office and ask. she'd buy you the moon if she could. i mean, she has the money to."

"you know maddy since you're one of the best people on this planet..."

"go ahead and say it."

"can you come with me when i ask her? please?" gwen begged, clasping her hands together.

"uh, no." madeline declined. "i'm not here to get in the middle of your love story. but i'll be your mortal support, if that makes you feel any better."