0.28

0.28

karla watched as her girlfriend's frightened eyes looked over her injured figure

karla watched as her girlfriend's frightened eyes looked over her injured figure. the more gwendolyn watched in awe silently, the more worried karla was for what she would say.

and finally, gwen bluntly said:

"you're an idiot."

the said girl walked closer to karla and gently held her arm in both hands. through the torn, blood-soaked shirt, she could see the stab wound on the right side of karla's dark skin, starting from the side of her breast dragged down to her hip.

"i was so worried about you," gwendolyn stopped, voice trembling. "and you come back home to me like this." her soft hands cupped karla's face, gently pressing a kiss onto her temple.

karla melted into her hands. "my love, i deeply apologize. things have just gotten a bit complicated, too don't need to worry."

"that's the problem, karla!" gwen walked to the living room, kneeling to turn on the gas fireplace. "i can't help but worry!"

the mafia boss trailed after her. "you know i'd forever protect you."

"and what if you can't, karla?" her girlfriend shook her head. "you fight so hard to protect me that you end up getting hurt yourself, and i hate it! i can't stop myself from worrying just because you tell me to!"

"i'm used to the pain, gwen. it's nothing i can't handle, i assure you."

"you're doing it again," gwendolyn frowned. "i know something has to be going on, all of this can't be normal."

"none of this is normal, ma fleur. please, things are getting better.

"i know something going on!" the shorter girl clenched her fists. "s-something about stalkers, picurres, and scarlett, right?"

karla froze. "how... who told you about that?"

"so that means i'm right then." gwen retorted. "i know something is going on, please stop hiding stuff from me!"

"gwen," karla took a seat on the couch. "it's just a lot of stuff going on, and i don't know if i could—"

the said girl took a seat next to karla. "i get that it's a lot of stuff, really i do!" gwendolyn grasped karla's hands. you're running a whole mafia, a very powerful one at that. and it's easy to get overwhelmed, and i'm always willing to listen or try to help you out.

"i'll admit it myself, i'm not an expert at relationships or anything, but i do know that we have to talk. and for me it's difficult. i've never been put into these type of situations before and i'm still pretty new to everything so... just please talk to me."

gwendolyn bit her lip. "i don't mean to sound needy or anything, but i just need to—"

cutting off her sentence, karla ushered her lips onto gwen's, melting them into a warm kiss.

no tongue was exchanged between the two of them together, just the faint warmth of their body heat.

karla released herself from the kiss and abruptly sighed. "i'll... i'll tell you everything. i-i promise you."

faint traces of a smile lingered on gwen's face. "i'd love that. let me get the first aid kit then we can talk. that sound good, sunshine?"

the mafia boss nodded her head, a warm feeling trailing into her heart.

▢▢▢

her girlfriend had made sure to bundle her up into any blankets lying around the house, carefully making sure none of the blankets wrapped her fresh stitches too tightly.

"and right before you got here, she sent me this text message." gwendolyn clicked open to the text messages between her and scarlett.

the familiar pictures of her and gwendolyn together taken from someone else's perspective made karla roll her eyes. "not this shit. how dare she— it's fine."

gwen bit her lip. "what are you gonna do next?"

"keep your friends close, but your enimes closer, no?" karla pulled gwendolyn to her side. "i won't do anything to them yet of course. from what you told me about scarlett... she'll have something bigger happen to her."

"but, uh, before you do anything, can i just have one request?" asked gwen.

"of course, ma fleur. anything you wish."

"wait until your injury gets better, please. i'm not sure how long it'll take until it gets better, but please rest a bit."

karla laid her head onto gwen's shoulder. "i definitely will, my nurse."

"mhm, i like it when you call me that," gwendolyn swooned.

and the two slowly fell asleep, not knowing what the next few weeks would bring them.

┈┈┈┈․°🌹°․┈┈┈┈

hey y'all👋🏾

yes i did finally upload! even tho it felt like the lord was against me, i'm still here!!
i hope every last of my 64.6k readers are enjoying their holidays!! i love every single one of you 😘😘

and lowkey yall... maybe once i finish this story... face reveal??? i'm so fr guys 😭😭

expect some cute little gwen x karla fluff, my girlies are finally getting warm and cozy together!

- blushlily xoxoxo