0.13

0.13

she felt dead

she felt dead.

ever since seeing those pictures, a fire was lit under her ass. the more she stayed working in her office, the less she slept. the more meetings she attended, the less she ate.

anyone who had the daunting task of stepping into her office would be greeted with the overflow of empty coffee cups, papers sprawled on the floor, half-eaten ramen cups, and her overflowing trash can.

karla's office had gotten messy before, but never this bad. even the air freshener couldn't mask the stale odor of old food.

"oh my gosh, karla. you're disgusting." ezra said in disgust. "get your ass up and come hang out with me."

"no. i've got to finish this last—"

"touch one more piece of work and i'm kicking you in the throat. there's a reason why i'm your assistant, dumbass."

which had led her here: at the gun practice range with an extra 'friend' of hers that ezra decided to bring along.

scarlett.

karla was sick of the way the red-head constantly grinned and joked around— like she wasn't concerned that the mafia was at risk of going into a serious conflict with this unknown person.

she hated that scarlett was so well-liked around here. why did everyone like her so much? she was loud, obnoxious, and annoying. extra emphasis on annoying.

and worst of all: karla hated the way scarlett was so close to gwen.

it pissed her off.

sure, they had met when scarlett was on a mission, so they became friends— so what?

that didn't mean scarlett had to hang around her all the time by bringing her favorite food, buying her (mostly) everything she wanted, and complimenting her on everything.

that was her job.

"jesus, karla. you're going to break the trigger of that gun," ezra remarked.