0.25 🌷

0.25

the sun rose high in the sky, pouring beams of light right into gwendolyn and karla's room

the sun rose high in the sky, pouring beams of light right into gwendolyn and karla's room. the late hours of the afternoon sunlight excited gwen, as her new plant fern would be able to get enough sunlight, yet reminded her of the time of day.

and still, she had not seen karla at all.

no, that's not true... gwen frowned. i saw her this morning... i think.

either way, she still hadn't seen her girlfriend in forever, it seemed.

for the hundredth time that afternoon, she clenched the hem of karla's black shirt she wore. another defeated sigh followed. i'm wearing her shirt, and i still miss her. i don't want to wait anymore.

the small fern in front of her, although still and silent, seemed to be glaring at her with its dry leaves.

get out of your feels and water me!

"yeah, you're right. it hasn't even been that long, and i'm just—"

"gwen, baby? who are you talking to?"

gwendolyn gasped. karla!

the freckled girl dropped what she was doing (as if she was doing much), and quickly ran to karla, who (of course), greeted her with open arms.

"karla! i missed you so much!" every word said, kisses covered karla face, and she wasn't complaining.

"i missed you more, dear." karla pressed a chaste kiss onto gwen's soft lips. "work was... something."

"gosh, i'm sorry. i thought things would've been at least a little bit better."

"that's just the way work is. you'll always have some days better than others." karla hummed. "come, lay on the bed with me."

the couple walked to their bed, love for each other in their eyes. karla opened her arms wide once in bed, an invitation for gwendolyn. gwen easily nestled into the tattooed arms, sighing with comfort.

"look at you wearing my shirt." a grin tugged at karla's lips. "you missed me that much, huh?"

"i did," murmured gwendolyn. "i get lonely when you're not around."