0.27

0.27

the sky slowly started to darken from bright blue into black, with faint illuminations of clouds setting into the sky

the sky slowly started to darken from bright blue into black, with faint illuminations of clouds setting into the sky. gwendolyn looked down at her phone and bit her lip. time kept on ticking, the sky grew darker, and she still hadn't seen karla.

something doesn't feel right.

but to gwendolyn, it didn't make sense. she started her day out like usual: waking up and loving on karla, watering her plants, and bothering miles to make something for breakfast.

she bit her lip. "i'll just call her." so, she clicked on karla's name and held the phone up to her ear.

ring... ring... ring... ring...
"hello?"

gwen sighed in relief. "karla! i've been worrying about you all da—"

"this is karla's ringtone. if you're hearing this, try and call me at another time. merci."
(thank you.)

"oh." gwendolyn felt her face burn red. "it's okay, it's okay! she's completely fine."

suddenly, the soft sprinkle of rain hit the ground, snapping gwendolyn out of her trance.

"i'll just set the plants outside and wait," murmured gwendolyn.

gwendolyn quietly hummed to herself as she went around the house to gather her new plants. some scattered in the kitchen, most in karla and her room, and one singular plant inside miles' room.

"hey miles?" gwendolyn said.

"mhm?" the said man was sprawled out on his bed on his phone wearing only sweatpants with his locs over his shoulder.

"ew. put some clothes on."

miles laughed. "you're the one that came in here in the first place, no?"