0.21

0.21

no, they did not have sex on the plane

instead, gwendolyn's face was pressed against the window, fawning over the clusters of clouds lounging in the sky.

"karla, look at that one! wait no, this one!"

there was something about the way her girlfriend's eyes lit every time they passed a cloud (that barely resembled anything) in the open blue sky that made karla feel so happy.

i'm so happy she's in my life.

"hey, sunshine?" gwen called.

"mhm?"

"when we get of the plane, will things change?"

karla tilted her head. "what do you mean by that?"

"oh, uh... i can't explain it, really." she tugged at the end of her sleeve. "is everyone going to get hurt?"

"i don't plan on it, i truly don't." karla's voice slightly trembled. "yet when things like this happen, it's bound to happen."

gwendolyn moved from the window and sat next to karla, pulling her into a gentle side-hug. "is there anything i can do to help?"

"all i need for you to do is trust me," karla sighed. "things might be strange at times, but i'll figure things out."

gwen pecked karla's cheek. "you already know i do, right?"

"of course i do, mon amour." the mafia boss gently smiled. "but gwendolyn, i have one requirement you have to do for me." (my love)

"yeah, what is it?"

"you have to learn how to defend yourself, alright? you know i'll always protect you, but there might be sometimes where i'm not there, so—"

gwendolyn cut karla off, this time with a kiss on the lips. "i promise you i will, okay?"

all of a sudden, karla pulled gwendolyn directed onto her lap, resting her head in the crook of gwen's neck. "thank you, fleur." (flower)

gwendolyn draped her arms around karla's neck in return and smiled. "anything for you, sunshine."

▢▢▢

the wind blew against gwendolyn's body harder than she expected. she shuffled further into her puffer jacket, yet the breeze of cold still danced across her skin. with every step she took, she felt her foot would sink into the blankets of snow,

karla looked at her girlfriend, shuffling and shivering, and pulled her closer towards her body. "we're almost there; just a little bit longer, love."

gwendolyn wordlessly accepted karla's comfort, too cold and tired to say anything.

before the plane had landed, karla had made sure their room was ready, as she couldn't bear to see gwendolyn red-faced from the cold, not her words.

she had also gotten the news that miles would be staying at the base. even after their rough last meeting together, it warmed karla's heart that her older brother would be coming by.

hopefully, it's only him, she thought.

"right there, gwen," karla announced after seeing the figure of the cabin. "i'll make sure you'll get warmed up, okay?"

seeing no reaction from gwendolyn, karla (somehow) holstered gwen onto her back and started walking.

"karla, y'know i can walk." gwendolyn protested quietly.

"baby, you're freezing up out here. let me help you."

and at that, gwendolyn stayed quiet in agreement.

taking long, strategic steps through the snow, she finally made it to the front door. with gwendolyn still on her back, she reached into her coat pocket with her gloved hands and pulled out the key.

karla unlocked the door quickly, pleasantly being greeted with a burst of warm air to her face from the cabin. before she could set gwendolyn down on the couch, a very familiar person laying there.

"oh. i didn't know you'd be coming this early," said miles.

karla looked at her brother and rolled her eyes. "out the way, she's freezing."

miles shifted over on the couch, giving gwendolyn enough room to curl into a ball when karla set her off her back. wordlessly, he observed her.

"i don't like the way you're looking at her," karla frowned. "keep your eyes to yourself."

"calm down. i wasn't even looking at her in that way, you know how i feel about relationships."

"mmm, yeah i do." she tugged onto one of his locs. "you're still a horny motherfucker though."

miles flicked karla's hand away. "and what about it? if anything, you're more horny than me."

"and how do you know?"

"ezra m'a dit que—" (ezra told me that—)

"que salope!" karla gasped. "wait. why is he telling you about my—" (that bitch!)

"let's not focus on that, okay?" chuckled miles. "let's talk about the real reason you invited me here, alright?"