0.37

0.37

"congratulations, ms

"congratulations, ms. westbrook! you're pregnant." the doctor announced.

now, of course, gwendolyn was a nurse. did she graduate from school? well, no. but she knew that symptoms were signs of pregnancy; besides, she was shocked that she hadn't received this news earlier.

she had too much sex with a certain someone.

nevertheless, the moment the doctor confirmed that she was well, pregnant— her whole body was jittery.

knees shaking, heart thumping against the chest, and a bright smile on her face. oh god. she was going to be a parent.

"o-oh, wow..." she sighed in awe. "thank you, i.. wow."

"it's my pleasure. you're in good health, ms. westbrook." the doctor laughed, tapping her clipboard. "any questions you have for me?"

gwendolyn blinked. well, there was maybe one, tiny little question she had. but she could just search it up later.

"if you're thinking about any sexual endeavours, go for it. your baby won't be harmed, i assure you."

"oh," gwendolyn sighed. "well, um, that was it."

wrapping everything up, the doctor led her outside to the exit, reminding her that the next check-up would be 5 weeks from now. waiting for her right outside was ezra impatiently.

"so? tell me the big news," he started. "was it just a little stomach bug orrr..."

gwen couldn't help but smile. "it's official. i'm preg—"

she couldn't even finish her sentence before ezra swooped her up into his arms and spun her in a circle. "my girl! oh, i'm so, so happy for you! i'm an uncle!"

"i just can't believe it," gwendolyn sighed while being put down on the ground. "i just can't wait to tell karla. she'll be so excited."

ezra hooked his arm around gwen as they walked to the car. "hell, i'm excited for her. i can't imagine how she'll be."

"i just have to tell her." gwendolyn paused. "actually, i have an idea in mind."

"lay it on me."

▢▢▢

two days later, she sat in front of her vanity mirror curling the ends of her hair. over the eleven months she had been with karla, her hair had grown from her ears down to her shoulders. while she worked, luca's small body mewled for attention.

"my pretty baby," gwendolyn cooed. "do i look alright? you know today's a big day." luca meowed and sat upright on her lap.

the silence of her bedroom almost irked her in a way. it was moments like these when she wished to bring back madeline's bubbly personality to keep her company. but ever since the last phone call they had, no words had been exchanged. part of gwen wanted to text her a 'hey, are you alright?' but her dignity decided against it.

"now that i think about it," she said. "god, i'm lonely." who else was she supposed to—

"gwendolyn? are you in here?"

it was karla. her saving grace. enough with that though, gwendolyn thought. It's time to tell her.

with luca in her arms, gwendolyn rushed towards karla and pecked a kiss on her lips. "i'm right here."

"it's always a pleasure to see you," karla flirted. "ezra said you needed to see me?"

god. one thing about ezra: he would get the job done. "oh yeah... i wanted to ask you about getting some stuff done in the gardens."

they started to leave, karla trailing right behind gwendolyn. "ma fleur, you know you don't have to ask for my permission. what is mine is yours."

"i know, i know. but i'm just really unsure about this. you know i can be indecisive sometimes," gwen replied.

karla hummed. "also, how did the doctor's trip go? you haven't told me anything about that yet."

gwendolyn grinned. "everything's perfectly peachy! don't worry your pretty head about it."

"hold on, that's my line."

"what can i say? you rub off on me," gwen smirked.

"in a good way, i hope?"

"of course you do. now close your eyes."

karla sighed and followed gwen's instructions. "are you sure this is really—"

gwendolyn picked up her pace into a speed walk with karla. her girlfriend's hands grasped hers while her eyes stayed closed. finally, gwen pulled her around until they were right about to walk into the center of the whole garden.

"gwen? can i open my eyes now?"

the freckled girl bit her lip. "yeah, go ahead."

rose petals scattered all across the ground floor, eventually circling into a large heart in the center. sitting right in the middle was a small velvet-covered box. across the center were yellow fairy lights, illuminating the whole outside.

karla's mouth dropped open. "gwendolyn, what's going on?"

gwendolyn walked towards the center of the heart and grabbed the box. "here, open it."

and before gwendolyn could even register her girlfriend's reaction, karla emerged in a large hug. the mafia boss stayed silent, but a big smile sat on her face. in her right hand was a pregnancy test, two red lines rested on the test— a definite positive.

releasing gwendolyn from the hug, karla stepped back. "really? you're pregant? this is real, all of it?"

"it is, sunshine. the doctor says so!"

"wow," karla grinned. "gwendolyn westbrook— i love you so much, ma fleur."

┈┈┈┈․°🌹°․┈┈┈┈

HEY Y'ALL, GUESS WHO'S BACK!!
yeah... has it been almost two months since i've uploaded?? maybe. but writers block had a grip on me and a lot happened in my life yall😭

i'll be going back to regularly uploading, and the story of karla and gwen will not be over with!! hopefully i'll finish this book before 2024 and come out with a new one 🙏

love y'all sm, and thank you for the support,

- blushlily 💋💋