/07/

don't forget to vote and comment!

~~*~~
Molly Pierce

All I've heard for the past twenty minutes is Landon's subtle reassurance that sneaking over to Lethal's Garage and graffiting the place won't get us in trouble. I don't believe him at all and I don't even want to think about the fact that he and his friends practically dragged me into the car.

"Landon, I'm serious, I don't want to be here," he's holding both of my hands in his tightly, pulling me out of the car despite my desire to stay inside of it.

"You'll be fine," he tells me, successfully taking me away from the vehicle, "I've got you."

I drop my hands out of his, looking out to see the repair shop ahead of us. Both garage doors are shut and locked, the parking lot itself is vacant apart from Landon's running car, and the only light that's still on is the neon orange sign titled 'Lethal's Garage'. Other than that we're pretty much left with the gravel below us and four walls that will soon be graffitied.

"No, do you not understand what you're doing?" I pace behind him, following him over to where the rest of their group is. They're all hovering over the boot of his car, throwing on ski masks and grabbing out spray paint cans. A part of me doesn't want to believe that they're actually going through with this.

"We understand it completely," one of them tells me, shaking a spray paint can in his hand, "why else would we buy this much spray paint?"

"But you could probably find other ways to joke around with these guys," I try to bargain as best as I can. I know how hard graffiti is to paint over, and I wouldn't want to be stuck with the job of doing that.

"We're not joking around, Molly," Landon clarifies, moving over with his friends to the front of the warehouse. "We're sending them a message."

"Don't you think it's a little stupid?" I further my claim, attempting in any way possible to convince them that this is a bad idea.

It's not just the fact that I'll feel bad for the workers, but also the fact that I'm scared of the consequences of this. If we get caught, we'll most likely have to face legal trouble, and the owner of this place already doesn't like me either so there's no way in hell I'm getting out of this. And even if we don't get caught I'm going to feel incredibly guilty. I just don't understand why he feels the need to take me along, especially given the fact that he's drunk.

"Shut up, okay? We don't need you lecturing us," Landon snaps as he tugs the ski mask over his head, shaking his fresh spray paint can as they all move over to start the job. "I brought you to spend time with you."

"Well, maybe you should have considered the fact that I don't want to be here!" I push a little more, trying to express full heartedly that I want to go home. I'm starving and I'm exhausted from working out, I don't want to deal with this pressure.

"Grab a can and just help us out," another one of his friends states, walking past me.

I watch as the entire group of them start to empty out their spray cans onto the front wall of Lethal's Garage. I squint my eyes in pure horror at the sight, recognizing that Aaron's the first to make a mark on the wall. I can't believe that they're actually going through with this, it seems almost too stupid.

I go to walk back to the car, already having enough of whatever this is. I honestly can't believe he's managed to get me this far, but in no way am I going to be graffitiing the place. I'd rather get in trouble by association than in trouble for actually doing the act, though, I quickly feel two hands pulling me back to where the crowd of them are.