/54/

~~*~~
Molly Pierce

We watched a total of three movies last night. The plot of each film ended up combining into one big movie in my mind, so I can't explain what happened specifically in any of them. All I know is that the night was perfect, and that I enjoyed every second of our small-sided movie night.

The snacks are still laid out, so are the DVDs. H fell asleep halfway through the third movie, well before me. I could tell that he was exhausted from the beginning, but he managed to stay up a couple more hours and annoy me for the entirety of two and a half films.

He passed out on the couch with my body on his side, Taz up at his neck. A blanket was covering our legs, and I didn't even realize he was asleep until he stopped making his additional sarcastic commentary. It was a pattern that he had picked up. Whenever a funny or awkward scene came up in one of the movies, he'd make fun of it. So when I didn't hear his complaints, I knew he was asleep.

The only reason I stayed up later was because I couldn't stop thinking about his name.

I started thinking about how I may accidentally address him as it with other people around, so to make sure that doesn't happen, I'm only going to be referring to him as H in my mind.

I can't let a mistake like that happen.

I woke up about five minutes ago to his quiet laughter. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him playing with Taz, but the second he saw me waking up, he stopped.

He then went down towards the hallway of his bedroom, but I honestly didn't pay much attention to what he did. I had shut my eyes in exhaustion and rolled over onto the empty space of the couch. I tugged the blanket further up on my body and tried to get as much sleep as possible.

Now I'm half asleep, thinking about what's happened recently.

So much occurred yesterday that I can't even seem to wrap my head around.

"I have somethin' for you," H's voice gains my attention.

I slowly pull the blanket off of my face, revealing a small box in his hand. It's an exact replica of the one that stores his birthday cards, so at first I squint my eyes in confusion.

"What's this?" I ask, keeping myself under the blanket.

"The box I was supposed to give you yesterday," he laughs, trying to hand it to me. "Got all kinds of jewelry inside of it. I even double-checked... this time."

My excitement beams. I quickly sit up, snatching the box from his palm. I eagerly open it, rummaging through the different designs. There are a few bracelets and even a pair of earrings with gems and silvers shining across them. I smile over in his direction, but my exhaustion hits me and I plummet back onto the pillow without letting out a word.

"I told you that watching three movies was a bad idea," he looks down at me, shaking his head. "You're exhausted."

I hold the box close to me, forcing myself to sit back up, "I didn't think we were going to be back up at seven in the morning."

"I have to work. You wouldn't understand," he sarcastically shoots at me. "You can come down if you want, but if not, you can stay here and sleep."

I watch as he pulls a tank top over his shirtless figure, fixing it over his cargo pants. He runs his hands through his hair and swoops downward. He pushes me over on the couch and makes room for himself. He smells clean and fresh, I can tell he just showered. His hair is slightly damp and his skin is even soft. I'd rather stay here than go anywhere else.

I lay my head on his shoulder, "No, I'll go. Thank you for the jewelry too. Everything's pretty."

I'll never get over his talent for making jewelry. I have never met someone with as many creative capabilities as him. If he didn't work on cars, I have no doubt in my mind that he'd be successful working with jewelry.