/36/

disclaimer: this entire chapter h is high out of his mind. anything he says/does is more lazy, weird, or immature for that reason.

~~*~~
Molly Pierce

"How many drugs did they fucking give him?" Niall turns his head back to look at us.

He's sitting in the driver's seat of a random racer's car, while Quinn drives. Back at the track, we managed to get H over towards the medical tent, however, there wasn't much that they could do. They made him take a bunch of drugs to reduce the pain, they removed the glass, and then they wrapped the wound, but besides that, they couldn't do anymore.

All they said was that he was lucky the glass didn't lodge that far into his stomach and that he was going to heal just fine for that reason.

Luckily, we convinced one of the other racers, who didn't get injured in the race, to let us drive their car to a nearby hotel. Quinn's dropping us off and then taking the car back to the racer, but I have a feeling her night isn't over.

That guy who took my coat had crashed into so many cars that more than half of tonight's racers are severely injured. Hell, he himself wasn't even conscious when we left. They had to drive him to a hospital because his injuries were so bad. But it makes sense considering four cars slammed into his own.

And to make tonight even worse, H got his tires flattened. Now, though, he's too out of it to even realize that's happened, so none of us have told him. However, in the morning, the plan is to go somewhere and get his tires replaced. Until then, it's already too late to go home. It's well past two in the morning and with all the drugs they gave him, he'd probably go insane if he stays inside of a car any longer.

"No clue, but clearly it was enough to make him act this high," Sakura shakes her head.

She's sitting in the backseat with me while H lays over us. His legs are on her side and he voluntarily laid his head down in my lap. He's the perfect picture of someone who's relaxed in a tense situation. The drugs are what's keeping him calm and they're also the reason why he's laying on me. His shirt's off, mainly because he claimed he felt 'too hot' with it on, so all he's left laying in is the bandage that's covering his wound.

"Does it matter how many drugs they gave me? What matters is that I feel greaaaat," H expresses with a rasped, tired tone.

It's obvious that he's high off of some type of drug. His pupils are dilated and he's moving and talking in slow motion. Whether the drugs he was given are medical or not, we don't know, but he seems to be loving it.

"You're high on drugs we weren't told about, H," Niall explains to him. "I'm glad that you feel fine, but we've gotta make sure that what they gave you isn't dangerous."

Silently, as they speak, I run my hand through his hair. Niall's right, it doesn't matter if he feels good right now. What matters is that we find out what all he took.

"Do you remember what they gave you?" Quinn asks, peering through the rearview mirror to look at him.

He purses his lips as he ponders, "I don't know. There was a blue one and then a red one and two clear ones... or maybe there were three... I can't remember. Those were just the pills they gave me. I think there were more."

"They made you take that many?" Niall looks at him. "What kind of idiot willingly takes all of that?"

"The same idiot that got into that car wreck in the first place," He sits his head up slightly to try and appear tougher, but I press my hand on his forehead and lightly lay him back down. "Drugs sound pretty fucking nice after hanging upside down for five minutes!"