/49/

~~*~~
Harry Styles

FLASHBACK #3

The first week was the hardest.

I told the police about my father's letter and even submitted it as evidence. The police decided to conduct a formal investigation on it, and told me not to worry. After the first two days, they stopped calling me in without warning. However, in the time that they did have me there, they informed me that it was best to temporarily shut down the dealership for my own mental health.

In my spare time, I found myself accidentally calling out to my parents, but then the realization would sink in, and it ruined the rest of my day.

I've been taking more than the recommended amount of sleeping pills to try and force myself to sleep. I've gotten about four hours every night, which I consider to be a win given the circumstances.

I have to start planning some kind of funeral, but after I turned the suicide letter into the police, they told me that they wanted to run a few tests before I could give my parents a proper burial. I don't know what that means. Maybe they want to confirm that my father took drugs before he set off on the motorcycle, to see if the letter added up or not, but either way, I haven't been informed of anything.

I've just been getting my news about their deaths and his confession the same as everyone else has. Through the news.

The police won't tell me anything.

It's disappointing, but I have no energy to argue. Like I said, I've gotten four hours of sleep every night. On top of that, I've barely eaten. I'm both heartbroken and disgusted. I miss them, but I also can't believe what I read in that letter.

A part of me doesn't believe my father's confession. His entire life he's been nothing but a good man. Children adored him and other adults respected him. He was the type of person that would stop his car and help an injured animal on the side of the road if given the opportunity. That man and the man he claimed to be in his letter sound like two different people, but he's not here to confirm whether or not he did it. The letter is a full confession, claimed to be his, and that's all I have.

Jess has tried to come over daily to help me. She's friends with some guy who works for the newspaper publishers, and so she gets her news from him. She then drops by my house, forces me to eat, and then relays to me what the newspaper guy told her.

So far the headlines are the same, "AFTER RECENT PUBLIC DOUBT, POLICE ARE INVESTIGATING THE CREDIBILITY OF STYLES' SUICIDE LETTER."

Essentially, the public thinks the letter is fake, and so the police are looking into it.

I don't know what there is to investigate. He confessed, took drugs, crashed, and died. The best thing they could do is grant me permission to hold a funeral. Even if it isn't one for my father, my mother deserves one at the very least.

He confessed to some messed up things, so even I feel a little uncomfortable honoring his death now. With that newly found feeling, I've decided to honor the deaths of those who have been supposed victims of his. I plan to prepare gifts with my own money for the families who lost a loved one to him. It's the least I can do. I want to check up on them, hear about their cases, and provide the help that I can.

I know they're probably hurting, but what sucks even more is that none of them are blaming it on him. People love him too much. They seriously think he was framed. They have no other suspects, but much like myself, nobody believes that he is capable of such crimes.