/28/

~~*~~
Molly Pierce

I never realized how bright a sunrise could get, but when it's shining directly through such a large window, it's expected.

The light enters into the room, casting directly over my eyes. The brightness is what wakes me up, but I try to mentally fight it so that I can sleep a little longer. Only when it registers where I am, do my eyes jolt open, and I stop fighting the urge to stay asleep.

I forgot I wasn't at my house.

In a rush of panic, I go to sit myself up, but I'm immediately stopped when I realize where I'm laid. I'm on Hot Shot's chest. My head is turned to the side, tucked up near his shoulder while his right arm is hooked around me. Just by listening to the flow of his breath, I'm guessing that he's still asleep.

Honestly, I don't blame him. It has to be at least 5:30 in the morning, considering the sun is just now starting to rise.

I sigh, resting my hand that's laid on his chest over to the opposite side of his body. I lightly graze my fingertips along the side of his ribcage. My palm then flattens itself out, running it down the same area on his skin.

I hold my breath as I move my hand away. It's wrong for me to be touching him like this.

Just as I go to put my hand back in its original position, I view another presence come into my sight. I keep my head still, laying on Hot Shot's chest, while Taz walks up his stomach. The cat notices me, and out of eagerness, I reach my hand over, petting the thick texture of his orange fur softly. He starts to purr before stepping further up H's body, closer towards his neck.

Suddenly, I hear a faintly produced laugh, and I sit up to see Hot Shot awake. Taz is rubbing his head on the side of his jaw while continuing to purr, and all he does is chuckle at the kitten's actions. Something tells me that Hot Shot didn't just wake up, though. Taz more so just exposed him for being up this entire time.

"Goddamnit, Taz," he can't seem to wipe the smile from his face, "you're givin' me away."

"You've been awake?" I ask, and judging by his words, I think I already know my answer.

He purses his lips, "Potentially."

Seeing him first thing in the morning is something I never would've imagined. His hair is slightly tangled, his eyes look like they're still a little tired, and his grin looks even more promising.

I squint my eyes. Fuck, that means he probably watched me drag my hand down his ribcage.

"Why are you awake?" He asks, slowly petting Taz as the cat lays himself down on his chest. "Trying to plot your escape?"

I groan as I fall back onto him, "Funny, but no. The sunrise did. I'm surprised you didn't close the curtains before you went to bed."

"I like 'em open," he protests, retucking his right arm back around me. I sit up, watching as he tilts his head, staring out the window. "Who wouldn't want to wake up to a view like this in the morning?"

I rotate my attention out the window. Given that his house is on a hill, he has the perfect view of the East side of town. Each house, each store, each park- everything, he can see it. Casted behind the gorgeous homes is the sunrise, shining an array of oranges, yellows, and even light pinks as it morphs into the blue sky above. The sunrise is the prettiest part of his window's view. It has this golden glow to it, brightening everything and every building in its path.

The rising sun shines through the window, directly onto his skin. The glow illuminates his face and softens his stare, leaving me in absolute awe.

"Is that why you live on a hill? Because of the view?" I ask quietly.