/73/

~~*~~
'Hot Shot'

I recorded it.

The entire conversation that I just had with Eric. I recorded every single bit of it.

I spent the last week thinking Eric was a genius. I thought for the longest time that he knew how to easily get away with his crimes. Now I've realized that isn't the case. He's just crazy. Mentally crazy. Half of the things he got away with were by accident, and the only reason he confessed everything to me is because he knows he can use his money to cover it up. In no way is he smart. Like Landon, he's an idiot. He just wants to latch himself on to as much power as he can, and keep it for as long as possible.

But no amount of money can cover up this recording.

Eric tried to stop me, but I ran out of the dining room. I have some small bit of success in this situation, but right now, I've got to get to Molly's house. Everyone there is in trouble.

Landon wasn't in the yard at all, which helped.

I was able to get to Niall's car as quickly as possible, and I drove off. My heart raced and just about every single one of my nerves were panicking, but I managed to speed and make it.

Now, I'm getting out of the car, rushing up to the front of Molly's house. The road has cars lined down it, all being vehicles from the guests attending Brooks' party. Balloons are placed out front, and through the windows I can see crowds of people.

They still look like they're partying, though.

That's a good sign.

I reach the front door, and without thinking, I bang on it several times. Right now, I'm not the most welcome person on this side of town, but if there's a chance that I can get in here and stop them from eating something drugged, then I'll take a couple hits.

I keep pounding my fist on the door, shaking the locked handle, and causing a scene. I throw out some, mainly vulgar, sentences until finally someone lets me in.

The room goes quiet, dozens of eyes are on me. I recognize some of the faces. A lot of the adults are people that I've had altercations with in the past, but nonetheless, they just look confused to see me. I find it so strange. They have zero input on my life and have no idea how many times I've been here. They look at me as an intruder.

My biggest concern right now should be the fact that I'm getting so many stares, but unfortunately it's not. I'm looking for any sight of Molly or Brooks- even Zayn. I have to make sure they're okay.

Those stares turn into judgmental whispers, but I disregard them. Instead, I rush through the crowd, checking all corners of the room. I can't tell if these people just hate me, or if they found out my real identity. Who knows how fast the news is spreading. Ross claimed the police were releasing information about me to the public, but I've yet to run into anyone that knows my real name.

The place is nicely decorated, Brooks did a great job. Balloons in every corner, streamers hanging from the ceiling, confetti strung out on the floor. There are tables and tables of foods and drinks, neatly organized and displayed. There's a pile of gifts sitting in the living room, all addressed to him. And everyone, even the music, seems to be having a good time.

That's another good sign.

I turn to my right, and finally, I spot who I'm looking for.

"Brooks," I sigh with relief. He's up, he's breathing, he's alive. That's all that matters. Quickly, I swarm him with a hug, "You're okay. Holy shit, you're okay."

"What?" he raises his eyebrow, pulling away from the hug. "Why wouldn't I be okay? It's my birthday, I'm doing great!"

He's in one of his many cardigans, and he has a birthday crown on his head. He looks like he's being forced to wear it, but yet he's smiling. At least he's safe.