/18/

this is a double so read 17 before this :)

~~*~~
'Hot Shot'

I like to think I have a good idea of how this weekend is going to go.

We're going to get to the hotel late tonight, go see Phoenix guy all day Saturday- where I have to pretend Molly is my boss- and then Sunday we leave. It's a simple weekend, and I'm trying my best just to think of it with a business mindset.

It's a business trip, not a vacation.

I prepared Molly all week for it, and I even tested her on what I taught her. Personally I think she would've done just fine even without my preparation, but it was more so just for her nerves. She claims she's a horrible liar, and I just hope she doesn't crack under the pressure.

I'm screwed if she ruins this for us.

Luckily, so far she's done well. She told her family and friends that she was going to Glendale for the weekend by herself. They were probably suspicious, but either way, her parents supplied her with money for the trip. I don't know how much it is, but 350 of it has to go to paying Brooks for watching Taz and the rest she's probably just going to keep.

I swear if that kid forgets to feed my damn cat, though, I'll lose it.

Molly's driving over with Sakura, and I could tell that she was nervous for their two hour car ride together. Kura likes her, though, so I have a feeling they're going to become friends while being stuck in that close of a proximity for so long. And strangely enough, they're sharing a hotel room together. We only got two rooms, so I'm stuck with Niall.

He didn't want to ride with them, so I'm having him drive me. At first I was supposed to drive, but then I made up some fake excuse so I could get control over the music on the way down. Niall likes to focus when he drives, so he'll tune out whatever I decide to play for the next two hours.

"Are you friends with her?" Niall asks the second we hit the road.

"Huh?"

"Molly," he clarifies.

"No, I'm not," I start to turn up the radio, searching for a station to play, but he slaps my hand away and turns it back down.

"You've just hung out with her every day after hours," he scoffs. "Didn't you get my warning about her, H?"

I roll my eyes, kicking my feet up on the dash, "Relax, I've been helpin' her out so she knows what she's talking about when she gets to the meeting tomorrow," I cross my arms over my chest, "and didn't she apologize to you last week?"

"It was a conversation that lasted less than two minutes," he explains to me, tightening his grip on the steering wheel. "But yes, I can tell she's sorry. I still don't want to talk to her, though."

"Sounds like that's your problem then," I mutter under my breath.

I turn the music back up, picking a rock station. The ending of a song concludes, and after a short radio break, the next song that plays is "Take Me Out" by Franz Ferdinand.

Once I hear the beginning of the song, I immediately grin. I start to turn the volume on full blast.

"That's too loud," Niall's voice starts to get drowned out the more I turn up the song, and it's at the point where all I can hear is the song's guitar.

"So if you're lonely, you know I'm here waiting for you..."

"Come on, Ni," I hit his shoulder, rolling down all of the windows in the car. I throw a pair of sunglasses over my eyes, feeling the fresh breeze start to mess up my hair, "Let's at least pretend like we're going on vacation."