/23/

~~*~~
'Hot Shot'

I know Molly invited me to this drive-in, but on the way here, I made the executive decision that I'm going to ignore her.

For days it's all I've been able to think about. I've tried so hard to comfort myself with the idea that I only took her to that junkyard because I pitied her, but even my mind knows that isn't true. I'm starting to enjoy her company more and more, and it's almost pissing me off.

I lack skill when it comes to self control.

It was an impulsive decision and I should have never let that idea pop into my head. We were in public kissing and hanging out. The junkyard itself was vacant, but anyone could have walked by. Plus, I've never invited anyone there. Niall knows that I smash cars there, but he also knows I go there alone. If he saw me there with her, he would've assumed that someone far worse was going on.

It may be fun knowing that our reputations are on the line when we mess around like that, but I can't risk losing Niall as a friend.

If he knew how much I've thought about her this week while he sat there and talked to me about our week's inventory, or when he was discussing a plan he wanted to add for Lethal's and I just simply nodded along because I was too busy thinking about that tattoo centered on Molly's sternum, I'd be fucked. Fucked. Fucked. Fucked.

I just like how dangerous it is.

Landon and Niall would beat my ass if he knew I've fucked her, the entire town would probably look at her differently if they knew too, and neither of us get anything out of it. It's dangerous, but fun. Stupid, but exciting.

That's why, out of the maturity that I so humbly possess, I know that backing off a little bit might be smartest.

That's tonight's plan.

In reality, it doesn't mean that I won't talk to her. It just means that my sentences may be shorter and my attention may be on other things. I've gone all week pretty normally, considering she hasn't come into Lethal's at all, so I'm sure I can pull this off.

A backup plan isn't needed.

"No, are you dumb?" I snap, flipping around to look at both Niall and Sakura.

They follow me out of the car, which is perfectly parked and ready for the drive-in movie. We're off on the far right, having a diagonal view of the movie screen. People crowd around us, laughter and car engines sounding simultaneously. Everyone is here.

I have no clue, nor do I care to know when it's going to start. After every time I've been here, if someone were to ask me what movie they played, I wouldn't know. I'm either in the front of someone's car or in the back of someone's car.

"But it's good money," Niall walks in front of me, arguing his point, "I don't like the idea either-"

"But I'm not doin' it," I hook my finger around the collar of my tank top, subtly and nervously pulling at the fabric.

"You don't have to, I can," Sakura volunteers. "Her and I are friends. I'll just ask her if she'd ever be open to the idea. I won't give her any details, I'll be subtle."

"Aw, that's adorable, you and Molly being friends," I roll my eyes with sarcasm.

"You're being a real dick about this," Sakura crosses her arms, pointing her finger sternly at me.

"Cry about it, I don't care," I move past both of them, rummaging through my coat pocket to pull out some spare cash.

"It's one job-"