/38/

TW: Violence

~~*~~
Molly Pierce

"You don't have to go, but can you at least cover for me?" Kiara's words ring through my ears.

"Kiara, you can't go to Serpent's Den by yourself, who knows what'll happen," I jump up off of her bed.

For the past hour, she's been adamant that tonight is the night she checks out Serpent's Den. After she heard that a few other girls from our side of town went and thought it was amazing, she's been wanting to see it for herself.

Of course she wants me to go with her, but I literally can't. I've been there too many times now for me to go in there with her and pretend like it's my first time. Granted, I doubt I'll be recognized by others considering how crowded the place always is, but I can't risk her finding out how frequently I've been to the West side.

She also doesn't know I'm friends with Niall again. If I went and he was there, I'd still have to pretend like we're strangers. The same with Sakura and Hot Shot, too. I'd have to pretend like I don't know the three of them in front of her.

"If I'm alone, I won't drink. I'll be aware of my surroundings and I won't stay for long," she proudly huffs, like she's thought this through.

"I'm glad that you're planning on doing that, but it still isn't safe. I'd worry like crazy about you," I insist. Even though what I'm saying is a strategic way for me to convince her not to go, I am being honest. I would be so worried about her if she went by herself. I get terrified every time I walk in there, I can't imagine what it'd be like for her.

"I mean, you're the only person I'd go with and you already said you don't want to go," she sighs before offering. "Are you just not feeling like going out tonight? We can try and go another time, if that's the case."

"No, I've just heard bad things about that place, that's all," I assure her.

"Look, Molly, if you're worried about Landon finding out, then I promise I'll take all of the blame. We can go, have some drinks that aren't champagne for once, and be Landon-free," she expresses.

Of course, Landon's always going to be my number one worry, but I've been going to the West side for weeks behind even Kiara's back and he hasn't even gotten suspicious. My top worry currently is that she'll find out I'm friends with every worker at Lethal's. I doubt she'll care, but she'll tell Aaron... and then that's when Landon comes back into my worries. Aaron will tell him and I'm screwed.

"Do you really want to go?" I tilt my head, overviewing how horribly this could go.

"Yes, but seriously, if you don't want to go tonight I can either go alone or we can go together another time," she quickly assures me.

There's a small chance that Niall, Sakura, and H won't be at Serpent's Den tonight, and in that case I'll be in the clear.

I look over at Kiara, who's still pleading with me to go with her. I purse my lips and let out a small sigh, "Fine, I'll go with you."

~~*~~
'Hot Shot'

Two days ago, I told Molly about the false future I had for myself, and I still can't tell whether that was the right decision or not.