After Soundcheck

*Chapter 49: After Soundcheck*

*Liam's POV*

I guess Simon was mad that I brought Elena to bed last night after he told her to not bother me. But truth is, I wanted her to come check in on me. Whenever she's around, I feel calmer. I wanted to talk to her about how I felt about what had happened, but by the time I got out to the lounge area, she was already asleep. So I just carried her to the bunk, where I thought she would be more comfortable. I didn't mean for her to get in trouble.

*Harry's POV*

*After Soundcheck*

The boys and I just finished soundcheck. It was the earliest we've been done with soundcheck since we've been on tour. Probably because Simon and Paul want us to spend time with out families since they're leaving early tomorrow morning. Though I feel bad for Liam. Him and his parents didn't really leave things off on a good note last night and they just kind of up and left. Though, it was more so them leaving  on a bad note, Liam had nothing to do with it. There was a lot of toxic energy leaving his parents last night. This morning I could tell that Liam was starting to revert back to his old ways. I don't know if anyone else could tell, but I could. I could see it in his eyes.

"HARRY!" I heard someone yell, making me jump, realizing it was Niall.

"What?" I whined as I jumped.

"We're going back to the bus for a little bit before the concert, are you coming?" Louis asked.

I looked around and our parents were gone as well as Liam.

"Where'd everyone go?" I asked in confusion.

"While you were busy staring off into space, they all left to go back to their hotel to get ready for the concert tonight." Niall replied.

"What about Liam?" I asked.

"He went back to the bus awhile ago." Zayn replied.

"Oh." Was all that came out of my mouth.

"Well, are you coming or not?" Louis asked impatiently.

"Would you stop your complaining. I'm coming now." I said as I stood up.

The boys and I made our short walk back to the bus, where we found Kayla and Paul sitting in the lounge area.

"Is Liam doing any better?" I asked with concern as soon as we entered the bus.

"Honestly, I have no idea. He just kind of came onto the bus and went straight to his bunk. Elena went to go talk to him." Kayla replied.

"And where is Simon in all of this? Still upset that Liam didn't want to be alone last night." Louis said a bit more harshly that probably intended.

"Well, you sound angry." Kayla said as Louis sat down next to her on the love seat, putting his arm around her.

"I'm sorry. I just think it's ridiculous that Simon got mad at Elena for something that's not that serious." Louis replied.

"I know, but there's nothing we can do about it now." Kayla replied.

*Elena's POV*

As soon as Liam got back to the bus after soundcheck, I could tell on his face that he was visibly upset. I could tell that he was upset, especially since he didn't even look in my direction. Lately, when he gets out of soundcheck early and comes back to the bus, he either comes over and acknowledges my presence or he just picks up up and carry's me off to the bunk giving me no option. Or he just plops himself next to me on the couch and snuggles up next to me. But today's different.