After the Date

--Recap--

I had just opened the car door, when I felt Liam lean across the backseat and shut the door. I turned to question it, but he was already out of the car. The next thing I knew, Liam was opening the car door. I looked up at him and he gave me a nervous smile. I just smiled as I hopped out of the car and gave him a kiss on the cheek. The two of us continued to walk over to the bus, hand in hand. Though, we stopped right in front of the entrance.

"You ready?" I asked him, knowing that we were about to be bombarded.

"No, but we have to go in anyway." He replied.

The two of us took a deep breath before entering the bus. And that's when the yelling began.

--End of Recap--

*Chapter 40: After the Date*

*Elena's POV*

"WHERE HAVE YOU TWO BEEN? DO YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED WE'VE BEEN?"

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ANYONE WHERE YOU WERE GOING?"

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU TWO WOULD JUST DISAPPEAR LIKE THAT! I THOUGHT COULD TRUST YOU GUYS!"

"WERE YOU TWO EVEN THINKING WHEN YOU SNUCK OFF THE BUS AFTER EVERYONE LEFT? WE THOUGHT YOU TWO GOT KIDNAPPED OR SOMETHING?"

"I LITERALLY CALLED EVERY HOSPITAL IN A 50 MILE RADIUS LOOKING FOR YOU TWO! DO YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED I WAS!"

"WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL IF YOU WERE GOING OUT? AND WHY DIDN'T YOU GUYS ANSWER YOUR PHONES WHEN WE TRIED CALLING YOU?"

Everyone was yelling at us at once. Well, everyone except for Kayla. She was just sitting there giving us a sympathetic look. She's the only one who knew we went out on a date. I guess she was still honoring the fact that we didn't want to tell anyone about the date until we knew for sure if we wanted to continue to date. Unfortunately, we hadn't gotten that far in the conversation before we had to rush back because they were completely freaking out.

"WOULD EVERYONE JUST SHUT IT AND CALM DOWN!" I finally yelled and they immediately stopped yelling.

"Thank you." I said once everyone was finally quiet.

"Okay, first of all, I did tell someone where we were going. And second of all, our phones were off and we forgot to turn them back on, so no we didn't see anyone's messages. And we lost track of time, that's why we're back so late." I told them.

They all looked at us like we had five heads. Well all of them except for Kayla because she knew exactly what we were talking about.

Soon enough Simon got a good look at us. (We are still hand in hand, but I don't think anyone noticed. Well, I guess Simon noticed now.)

"Where exactly were you two?" Simon questioned.

Liam squeezed my hand and I looked over at him. He nodded slightly and I took that as a go ahead and tell them. I then looked back at Simon and began speaking.

*Liam's POV*

"Well, I'll have you know Liam and I were on quite a lovely date before our driver ran up to us in a panic, stating that you were all worried sick. So we rushed back here only to be bombarded with nonsense. I mean, Kayla knew where we were going. We just didn't get a chance to tell her that we were going to be late because we made a last minute decision to go on a walk and forgot to turn our phones back on after the movie." She explained.

Actually, she was more rambling than explaining. When she gets nervous, she starts rambling. I slightly smiled at her rambling. I always thought it was cute.