Prologue

*Prologue*

Looking at the crowd as we finished our last song of the night, I took a good look at the crowd. All of the screaming, smiling, crying tears of joy. None of them knowing what is about to come their way.

I looked over at the boys, as they tried to put on a brave face, but I could see the sadness in their eyes. It was the same sadness I had in my eyes. I think the crowd knew something was up with us, because we stayed on stage longer than we normally do at the end of each concert. But they all continued to cheer as loud as the could. I think they knew what was coming, but didn't want to accept it. They wanted us to stay for as long as possible, so they wouldn't have to say goodbye.

"We are all so glad that you all enjoyed the concert tonight!" Louis screamed into his mic, causing the crowd to scream louder.

"Um, we're glad that you enjoyed the concert, but can you please quiet down, just for a moment. The boys and I would like to share something very important with you all." Liam said into his mic. The crowd continued to cheer.

"Please, it would mean the world if you would quiet down for a moment. This is something that we have to share with you all." I said to the crowd.

And soon enough, the crowd slowly started to quiet down until there was nothing but silence.

"Thank you." I simply stated.

"As Liam said a moment ago, we have something very important to share with you all." Harry stated.

"This is very hard for us to share with you all because you are the best fans in the world and we love you all very much." Louis stated, tears forming in his eyes, ready to spill over.

"We wanted to let you all know, before we let the world know, that this is our last One Direction concert that we will be performing." Liam stated as tears slowly streamed down his face.

"We wanted to let you guys know that we love you so much and you have been the best fans anyone could ever ask for. You have loved and supported us through our ups and downs and we would like you to support us in this decision." I said as tears streamed town my cheeks as I watched the hurt expressions on the faces of our lovely fans that had formed across the arena.

"It was a very hard decision to make, but now it's time to say goodbye." Harry stated through his silent sobs.

And just like that, we turned to exit the stage. But something made us turn around. Something that came from the audience. I couldn't understand what they were trying to tell us at first. But once I comprehended what they were saying, I broke.

"Who's gonna be the first one to start the fight?
Who's gonna be the first one to fall asleep at night?
Who's gonna be the last one to drive away?
Who's gonna be the last one to forget this place?

We keep taking turns
Oho-oho-oh

Will we ever learn"

At the start of the next verse, the band caught on and played the music along with the lyrics that were being sung by our fans.

"Ooh, spaces between us keep getting deeper

It's harder to reach ya even though I try
Spaces between us hold all our secrets
Leaving us speechless and I don't know why

Who's gonna be the first to say goodbye

Who's gonna be the first one to compromise?
Who's gonna be the first one to set it all on fire?
Who's gonna be the last one to drive away?
Forgetting every single promise we ever made?

Ooh, spaces between us keep getting deeper
It's harder to reach ya even though I try
Spaces between us hold all our secrets
Leaving us speechless and I don't know why"

As the fans continued to sing the rest of the song, I continued to sob. And when I looked over at the boys, they were sobbing too. I think we could all agree that we have the best fans in the world.

"Who's gonna be the first to say goodbye?

We keep taking turns
Will we ever learn?
When will we learn?

Ooh, spaces between us keep getting deeper
It's harder to reach ya even though I try
Spaces between us hold all our secrets
Leaving us speechless and I don't know why
Who's gonna be the first to say goodbye?
Who's gonna be the first to say goodbye?"

As the fans finished off the song, I knew this was the hardest thing we have ever done in our entire lives.

"I'm Louis" Louis screamed into his mic and I immediately knew where he was going with this.

"I'm Niall!" I screamed, and soon the others caught on as well.

"I'm Liam!"

"I'm Harry!"

"And we're One Direction!" We all screamed in unison before running off stage, leaving behind the best fans in the world.