The Day Off

*Chapter 23: The Day Off*

*Elena's POV*

*The Next Day*

Today we had the day off from traveling and the boys had the day off from rehearsing and concerts. Paul and Simon are off somewhere taking care of tour business. Harry, Niall, and Zayn went to go get something to eat. Liam is in his bunk. And Louis is out spending the day with his sister and his daughter. So it is just me and Kaylah on the bus right now. Well, except for Liam, but you get the point. Kayla and I have spent the day eating left overs and watching whatever movie was on TV. All in all I'd say it has been a pretty relaxing day so far.

"Hey, why don't you go ask Liam if he wants to join us?" Kayla asked suddenly.

"Why?" I asked.

"Well, he's been in his bunk all day and I'm sure he would love to hang out with you." Kayla stated.

I just gave her a questioning look.

"Are you trying to set us up or something?" I asked her.

"Okay, with the way he looks at you, I can tell he likes you. I shouldn't have to set you up with him." Kayla stated before pausing briefly before she started speaking again. "And why can't I just be a nice person. I can tell that something is wrong with Liam and I don't want him to feel like he's alone, which, knowing you, you probably feel the same way. Plus he's one of my idols. If I'm going to be here for the remainder of the tour, I might as well get to know my idols."

I just stared at her for a moment before responding.

"Fine, I'll ask him." I said, not putting up much of a fight.

"I knew you would." She said happily as I made my way to the back of the bus.

Once I reached the back of the bus, I made my way over to Liam's bunk, where I found him watching Netflix on my laptop. Yes, I let him use my laptop. He doesn't have his with him on this trip, so I just let him use it when I'm not using it.

"Hey," I said softly.

He just mumbled a 'hey', not taking his eyes off of whatever he was watching.

"Kayla and I are out in the lounge area watching TV if you want to join us." I said to him.

He didn't respond. He just continued watching whatever was on the screen. I slowly and softly closed the laptop, which caused him to turn his head in my direction, but avoid eye contact.

"Did you want to join Kayla and I in the lounge area? We're just hanging out." I said.

He just shrugged his shoulders.

"Why don't you come out and watch TV with us for a little bit and then you can come back and continue watching whatever you were watching?" I suggested.

He thought about it for a moment before he mumbled a 'fine.' Liam slowly made his way off his bunk before grabbing his blanket and wrapping the blanket around himself. We then made our way to the front of the bus where Kayla was sitting on the couch with two bowls of freshly popped popcorn.

"Took you guys long enough." Kayla said sarcastically.

I just stuck my tongue out at her as I grabbed a bowl of popcorn and sat next to Liam on the love seat.

"You're just going to leave me hanging by myself on the couch?" Kayla questioned.

"Oh hush and put on a movie would you." I told her.

Kayla just smiled to herself before putting on a movie. An hour into the movie I suddenly got cold, so I got up to go grab a blanket from my bunk. But as soon as I got up to go get it, I felt someone lightly grab my wrist. I turned to find Liam looking at me with a panicked look on his face. I guess he was scared to leave him alone with Kayla. Now that I think about it, we have always been together whenever he joined the group.

"Don't worry, I'm just going get a blanket from my bunk. I'll be right back." I told him.

But as soon as I started moving, I suddenly felt myself being pulled back down on the couch. It turns out Liam had pulled me down into the spot right next to him. He then wrapped some of the blanket around my shoulders, this way were sharing it.

"Liam, you don't have to. I have my own blanket." I told him.

Though he didn't take his eyes off of the TV. I know he wasn't going to respond to me with Kayla in the room. And I know he wasn't going to let me get up to get my own blanket. So I just went with it and made myself comfortable.

*Kayla's POV*

*Two and a half hours later*

So about a half an hour after Elena cuddled up next to Liam, sharing the blanket, they were both out cold. The were wrapped up comfortably in Liam's blanket. At some point before they fell asleep they managed to lay down so they were both comfortable. I would occasionally look over at them because they were so adorable. Elena was basically laying on top of Liam, with her head on his chest. And, though the blanket was covering them, I could tell he had a protective grip on her. I know they aren't together, but it makes me happy whenever I look in their direction. I know that I haven't seen Liam without Elena since I got here last night, but I could tell his whole face lights up whenever she's in the same room as him. I can tell he is in some sort of pain, but whenever he is around Elena, I feel like he feels safe somehow.

Suddenly, I heard three voices screaming and yelling and laughing as they stampeded onto the bus.

"Would you three shut it. Elena and Liam are sleeping." I said to them in a stern and firm tone, though not too loud, trying not to wake Elena and Liam.

The three boys just looked at me in confusion before looking over at the love seat and smiles literally grew as wide as possible.

"You guys are rooting for the two of them too, aren't you?" I asked them and they just nodded excitedly in response.

I just smiled at their excitement as they all took a seat in different areas of the lounge area. And not too long after Harry, Niall, and Zayn came back, Louis came back with Lottie and Sarah. Louis was about to say something, but I interrupted him when I held up my hand.

"If you are going to say something, don't say it too loud." I told him.

"Why?" He whispered in confusion.

I didn't say anything. Harry, Niall, Zayn, and I didn't just pointed in the direction of the love seat. Louis and Lottie looked over toward the love seat and immediately smiled at the sight before them.

"They so like each other. Even if they don't know it yet." Louis stated happily.

And for the rest of the day we all sat quietly watching TV as Elena and Louis slept. Soon enough Elena and Liam finally woke up and I was surprised that they stayed in that position. They didn't say anything when they woke up. They just focused their attention on the TV like the rest of us. I smiled slightly because I know it is hard for Liam to be out here with everyone even though there is most likely a lot going on with him right now. But he just laid there peacefully as Elena continued to snuggle up next to him as he had a protective grip around her waist. They are definitely going to start dating soon. I can tell. Heck, we can all tell. We can all tell that they belong together.