Late Night Conversations

*Chapter 10: Late Night Conversations*

*Elena's POV*

*Later that night*

"I can't believe the way he's been acting lately." Niall stated.

"I know. But I had a gut feeling that he wasn't going to be the same Liam we knew from five years ago." I explained.

So Niall, Harry, Louis, and I are all sitting out in the lounge area, just hanging out. It's past midnight right now, so Paul and Simon called it a night about two hours ago. As for Liam, he went to his bunk without saying a word after we figured out that we were picking up Zayn in England. Yeah, the boys are a bit skeptical, but at least they stayed around to ask questions and get to know why Simon decided to ask Zayn to join us.

"Really? Did you tell Simon?" Harry asked.

"Yeah, right before we went in, I warned him about what I was feeling and that Liam might not be the same person we knew five years ago. Poor Simon wanted to see the best in him. He wanted him to be the same person he was 5 years ago. " I explained.

We were all silent for a moment, reflecting on what we were discussing. Finally, after a moment of silence, I finally had the courage to speak up.

"I kind of feel bad for Liam." I blurted out suddenly.

"What?!" The boys said in unison, trying not to scream and wake up Paul or Simon.

"Why would you feel bad for him? He has been nothing but rude to all of us since he's been here. And that's not when he's off in his bunk by himself." Louis stated, clearly annoyed at the fact that I would feel bad for him.

"You didn't see the condition of his house. It was horrid. It looked like it hadn't been cleaned. Ever. And when I went upstairs and drag him on this tour, I saw, though it was only for a second, a flash of sadness on his face." I explained.

"How do you know if it was sadness?" Harry asked curiously.

"I just know. I have a feeling that something is going on with Liam. Something that has been going on for awhile." I explained.

"What do you think it is?" Niall asked.

"To be honest, I think he's hurting." I stated.

"What makes you say that?" Louis asked curiously.

"Well, his house was a complete disaster. The sadness I saw in his face. And then there's the fact that he's acting out, having an attitude, being rude, cold, and nasty." I explained.

"So, what? Are we just supposed to give him a break?" Harry asked.

"Well you guys can if you want, you guys have known him longer. But, for me personally, I can't. I'm just too mad at him right now." I stated.

"Elena, we get where you're coming from. But he's one of your idols. You can just stay mad at him." Niall stated.

"He was  one of my idols. I don't think I could consider him one anymore. Not with the way he's been acting. It's hard to imagine meeting your idol when they were previously one way and then you meet them and they're a totally different person than what you thought they were." I explained.

"That's fair. But you can't be mad at him forever." Niall explained.

"But what if I am?" I asked.

"Then that's your decision to make." Louis replied.

For the rest of the night we continued to chat about different little things before we decided to call it a night. Though, when finally lying in my bunk, I realized that I wasn't that tired, though it was nearly 3:30 in the morning. Deciding to finally give up on trying to get any type of sleep, I decided to go back out into the lounge area to watch TV. Though, when going back out there, I found the one and only Liam Payne sitting there, eyes glued to the TV screen.