The First Concert

*Chapter 19: The First Concert*

*Elena's POV*

*The Next Day*

Today's the day. Today's the day the boys take the stage for the very first time in five years. Needless to say we're all a nervous wreck, especially Simon. The boys spent the entire morning in rehearsals and sound check. They still aren't perfect, but we're just hoping that they can make it through this first concert.

"I don't know if they're ready. I think we should post pone another couple of weeks." Simon said nervously, shaking me from my thoughts.

Simon, Paul, and I are currently in some room at the venue waiting for the boys to finish getting ready. The concert starts in less than an hour and Simon is totally freaking out. He's been pacing back and forth for the past hour and a half.

"Simon, stop it. Everything is going to work out." I told him reassuringly.

"Plus, there's an entire crowd out there waiting for a One Direction cover band to come out. Which, might I add, is not a One Direction cover band. It's One Direction themselves." Paul explained.

"Maybe we could tell them that the band canceled last minute and they'll be playing at a later date." Simon suggested.

"Simon, first of all, stop pacing. You're making me dizzy. Second of all, they're going to be fine. They're going to be fine. They're just a little rusty." I assured him.

"But it's not just the band as a whole I'm worried about. I'm worried about Liam. What if the fans figure out that there is something wrong with him? What if they know that he doesn't want to be here or have anything to do with the rest of the band." Simon ranted.

"Okay, it may not seem like it, but Liam totally wants to be here. It's just been a rough five years. And so what if the fans figure out that Liam is a little off? They'll support him either way." I said, defending Liam for the first time since we reunited.

Simon and Paul gave me a questioning look. Oh, right. The last thing they knew, I was not the biggest fan of Liam. Oops. Anyway, Simon opened his mouth to speak, but was cut off by a crew member coming into the room.

"The boys are ready to go. Elena if you want to go take your seat in the crowd, we should go now. They're going to be taking the stage any minute." The crew member explained.

I just nodded.

"Well, there's no going back now." I told Paul and Simon before following the crew member to my seat front row.

*Niall's POV*

The boys and I finished getting ready about five minutes ago, so now we're just waiting until they call us to go out on stage. I am literally so nervous. This is my first time back on stage in literally five years. I don't know how the fans react to having us back. Plus we have to make sure they don't leak this online. Don't want to ruin the surprise for the fans attending the other concerts, now would we?

"Alright boys, it's time. Follow me to the stage." The crew member said before quickly leaving the dressing room, with the five of us closely behind.

When we got into position side stage, crew members handed us our microphones. We were instructed to stay here until we were told otherwise.

"Well boys, whatever happens tonight, know that we did our best." Louis told us.

"Okay boys. It's time. Get out there." The crew member said as he pushed us out on stage.

"You're going to do great." We heard someone call out to us right before the music started blaring around us and the next thing we knew we were on stage in front of hundreds of fans.