Chapter 5

"I love your smile luffy"

You immediately slam your head against the table and groan in utter embarrassment and despair, it's been a day since the embarrassing moment was burnt into your brain, how could I say something like that out loud, you might as well said a love confession.

Wait-a confession? , don't be ridiculous, you say that as if you like luffy.

Do I like luffy?

"y/n-swan", you snap out of the conversation you were having with yourself, "you've been spacing out more than usual today, are you okay? ",

You smile and scratch the back of your head, "I'm completely fine, sorry I worried you sanji", sanji wobbles back and forth, "AWH Y/N YOU ARE SOOOO CUTE!", he whines as he clutches his heart as if his been hit with a bullet to his chest with a wonky grin and huge heart eyes, you laugh at his sillyness, thank you for taking my mind off things sanji.

You thank him in your thoughts as to not seem weirder than you already were acting before.

But as you were smiling at sanji gushing, at the corner of your eye.... You see luffy glaring at you, you panic and immediately look down.

WHY WAS HE GLARING LIKE THAT.

You gulp, inwardly panicking.

"hey y/n could you pass me the bottle of soda, your head snaps up to usopp, who was of course sitting next to the glaring captain, you gulp once again and took a deep breath in, you pick up the bottle of soda and pass it to usopp, trying your best to focus on his face and not the blank, intimidating, stone cold face of the usually sunshine captain.

"here you go",you say to usopp smiling sweetly,"thanks", usopp replies as he gently takes the bottle of soda from you,"you welcome", you reply with a sweet smile. Is he mad about how I acted weird that night?

You look down at your plate, still feeling his piercing gaze on you.

Luffy's pov

Why?

He thinks to himself as he stares at you intensely trying to figure out why?

Why is y/n ignoring me. He asks himself recollecting the event that took place earlier today.

The first thing
"hey, y/n!", I shouted to her when the crew went for breakfast, my favourite.

She just rubbed her sleepy eyes and quickly looked down, I guessed she wasnt feeling well because she was a bit red.

The second thing
"y/n, usopp and me are going fishing come with", I smile at her.

Y/n turns around to face him, only for luffy to see a walking corspe, totally decoid of the will to live, with a dark purple aura

Y/n jolts up when she sees my face, turns on her heel and bolts off, leaving me there confused as hell.

The third thing
I was sneaking food while sanji was busy bringing Nami and Robin tea and cakes, when I saw y/n, I grin at her and laugh silently.

She stared at me blankly for a second, she then turned away and left.... I was left confused again. Usually y/n would smile back and help me sneak some food and we would eat together in a good hiding place.